This position provides vital in-house support to the Web and Social Media Departments with web graphic design. The position will create landing pages, email design, and oversee the creation of partner retailer assets, international site assets, social media posts and ads and additional supporting website assets.
* Design & QA all UD.com on-site assets, broadcast & trigger emails, MMS assets, landing pages (including LP, HP, CLP, PDP) and Social Media Ads
* Create user-centered webpage designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, product metrics, and usability findings
* Create click-through, motion design and prototypes as needed
* Design assets for new partner and international site launches
* Oversee creation of web banners, partner site assets and social assets
* Interface with account managers regarding partner site content and ensure adherence to UD guidelines
* Work with e-com team to create promotions, content strategies and assets that align with brand
* Work with social team to optimize effectiveness of assets
* Art direct and collaborate with partner agencies
* Create/oversee creation of digital ads
* Organize and archive library of web assets on server
* Create/manage library of templates for efficient asset creation
* Provide feedback and direction to Web Designer
* Research and periodically report on competitors' web presence
These job responsibilities are subject to change in accordance with business necessity.
Other duties as assigned.
Successful employee should be adaptable in using their organizational skills to prioritize tasks and opportunistic in taking ownership of various projects. Have the urgency to anticipate busy schedules and teamwork to communicate with other members of the department/store to complete assignments on time and accurately. Possess openness in their problem solving and integrity in their research to effectively address the needs of the company. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
* Excellent production skills: preparing files for print, ensuring work is free of errors.
* Must be current on all online best practices and design trends including acquisition & direct response communication
Work with product managers and cross functional teams to plan projects for effective delivery while maintaining high standards for design
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OR REQUIREMENTS
* Light lifting with what you would find in a normal office environment · Clean driving record and reliable transportation
Education/ Experience/ Licenses or Certifications:
* Degree in Graphic/Web Design and/or equivalent experience will be considered
* 5+ years previous experience in a similar position
* Fully competent CS6 (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
* Have basic Mac/System software, basic Mac/PC compatibility troubleshooting
About Urban Decay Cosmetics
Our story opens in the mid-'90s, when pink, red and beige enslaved the prestige beauty market. Flying in the face of this monopoly, Urban Decay unleashed a line of lipsticks and nail enamels inspired by seedier facets of the urban landscape. The vibe since day one? Beauty with an edge™.
While we've grown like crazy since then, we haven't stopped experimenting. We now offer an endless array of high-performance cosmetics, from velvety-soft shadows (including some of the industry's bestselling palettes) and creamy, badass lipsticks to weightless complexion products and high-tech setting sprays to make your makeup last all day.
Urban Decay is the leading, trend-setting cosmetics company that extends employment opportunities to those individuals who are just as passionate about working in the industry as we are. Our company's success and growth allows us to search for highly talented and extremely dedicated individuals who are eager to join our team.
We are part of the L'Oréal group. Find out more about our parent company online at: http://www.loreal.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.