ASRC Federal Technical Services (ASTS) is responsible for managing the NASA Goddard Software Engineering Services II (SES II) contract. This includes the following software engineering capabilities: Systems Engineering, Ground Software, Flight Software, Flight System V&V, IT Development, Science System Development and Data Processing.
Senior Web Application Developer
We are seeking a Senior Web Application Developer to work with team of software developers to support the NASA GMSEC system for support of our Software Engineering Services -- II (SES-II) contract at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Greenbelt, Maryland. NASA's GMSEC provides mission enabling, cost and risk reducing data system solutions applicable to current and future missions managed by GSFC.
* BS, in Computer Science
* A minimum 5 years of relevant work experience to include experience developing Web based front and backends.
* Knowledge with User Interface (UI) design and development and experience with the following:
* REQUIRED - Spring Framework including Spring Boot, Spring Security
* Preferable - Node.js
* REQUIRED - HTML5, CSS
Programming Languages / Databases:
* REQUIRED - Java
* Preferable - SQL
* Preferable -- Elasticsearch
Version-control and Issue-Tracking Tools:
* Preferable - Git
* Atlassian Jira
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
* Must be a US Citizen and be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a National Agency Check (NAC) security badge to enter the applicable government facility
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.