Senior VoIP Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Belmont, CA
Department: Network Operations
The RingCentral environment is dynamic, success-driven, team-oriented and committed to providing world class service for its customers. Do you have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
We're not a phone company; we're a cloud business-solutions provider. We've thrown out the old PBX along with its rigid rules and eliminated the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications the old way.
RingCentral is a leading Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) provider, offering an innovating suite of telephony, contact center, video conferencing, and collaboration products for enterprise, mid-size companies, and small businesses.
We're seeking an experienced Senior VoIP Engineer who can thrive in a fast-paced, cutting-edge, technology-driven environment. You focus will be troubleshooting and optimizing the RingCentral Cloud service infrastructure for Voice and Video services.
* Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve complex cloud SaaS Quality issues related to VoIP, Video and FoIP telephony platforms and applications in a fast moving agile environment
* Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for identifying and fixing voice quality issues.
* Participate with Engineering teams on design and architecture of next-generation voice/video services, optimizing quality
* Debug Voice quality trends and issues using big data dashboards and other diagnostic tools
* Interface with customers experiencing service quality issues and resolve them quickly
* Work with security and monitoring product vendors and service providers to evaluate offerings, including product evaluations, proof of concepts, and pilot installations
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent with 3-6 years relevant experience
* Strong scripting/programming background is a plus
Skills and Experience:
* Deep understanding of VoIP/Video over IP technology
* Protocols - SIP, RTP, RTCP, SRTP
* Codecs - G.711, G.722, OPUS
* Deep understanding of the OSI layer and how network conditions affect voice quality
* Understanding of IP QoS protocols, MPLS
* Good knowledge of VoIP quality measurement models - E-model, PESQM, POLQA
* Good understanding of Key voice quality metrics (Packet loss, Delay, Jitter)
* Familiarity with various test tools to test media and voice, video quality
* Flair for debugging difficult voice quality issues in the field
* Highly analytical and detail-oriented
* Data-driven decision maker
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to Work as OneTM from any location, on any device, and via any mode to better serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral's open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is a provider of cloud computing based phone systems to help small businesses manage mobile, fax and email communications.