The Senior Vice President of Hardware Engineering develops and directs the design and development of new hardware products and the improvements of existing products. The Senior Vice President of Hardware Engineering must work with members of the senior management team to further department and company goals.
- Works with other teams within the company — such as sales, marketing, engineering, and manufacturing — to bring new products from the research and development side to market or implementation within the organization
- Provide leadership and develop objectives for the HW Engineering department
- Ensure HW Engineering organization is successful and resolve any issues that may get in the way of success
- Create an environment that fosters innovation in developing new products, creating improvements on existing products or services, or even developing new processes and technology for the organization to improve efficiency
- Decision authority for all design choices that where influence is contained within hardware
- Also provide decision recommendations for items impacting:
- wider system operation, software, business requirements or business strategy, manufacturing strategy
- Manage and plan Hardware Leads individual, group, and department work
- Personnel manager
- Direct supervisor of hardware technical staff
- Recruit product development team leaders to handle hardware development and innovation efforts
- Program management and engineering execution (Project manager)
- Ensure that the hardware product vision is realized through excellence in execution
- Directs Hardware teams with budget approvals, scheduling, and deadline management
- Establish estimate budget required
- Consult on allocation of total budget
- Responsible for managing the (assigned/existing) annual bottom-up budget for the Hardware Engineering department
- This includes: headcount, consulting spends, prototyping costs, equipment cost, travel and entertainment, professional development, patent costs and more
- Responsible for managing the bottom-up schedule for the Hardware engineering department
- Technical leader
- Responsible for co-developing the Hardware technical strategy with the CTO, and for developing and maintaining a technical roadmap that will continue to innovate from a technical standpoint
- Strategic Engineering Strategy (Implementation of CTO decisions)
- Supervises all Hardware development and innovation efforts
- Accountable for risk posture of Hardware team
- Communicate relevant Business (CEO), Engineering (CTO), Talent Ops, Finance, Systems Engineering, Software updates to Hardware team
- You have been there / done that in startups and rapid growth companies.
- You understand what drives employee engagement and how to get your teams to perform what they think is impossible.
- Innovation & future vision are fundamental building blocks of your career history.
- You get things done. You drive alignment, clarity, focus and accountability, and marshal people and resources to accomplish the goal on time and on budget.
- A servant leader, you don’t issue orders from the tower, but rather are in it with the team and have keen fidelity of the details
THE REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- Strong individual contributor pedigree
- Startup or scaling, from 100/200 to 500/1000
- 10+ years of management or leadership experience
- Program management experience, especially offshore
- Product Development / product certification
- BS / MS EE
- Bringing new products to market
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation.
We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About Hyperloop One
Hyperloop will reinvent transportation to eliminate the barriers of distance and time. Hyperloop One will move people and goods, and unlock unprecedented value for governments, businesses, and consumers.