In Alexa Skills team, our vision for Alexa is to create the smartest and most entertaining digital personal assistant.
Our team empowers experience makers, key partners/brands, entrepreneurs, and developers to leverage Alexa to create exciting voice-first multimodal experiences and interactions, across a variety of Alexa-enabled devices for their customers.
This Seattle, WA, based role is a unique opportunity to join a multidisciplinary team of extraordinary UX designers, voice designers, design technologists, and UX researchers who are equal parts thinkers and doers, analysts and artists, designers and customers who are shaping the future of human-machine interfaces.
We are seeking an experienced Senior UX Program Manager to run design and research projects that will help us advance strategic projects that impact the developer and customer facing initiatives.
As the UX Program Manager, your emphasis will be on planning and prioritization of design deliverables, resource management, schedule tracking, mitigating project risks, and collaborating with design leads to deliver innovative solutions across a suite of mobile programs.
The ideal candidate has experience working across multiple teams across an organization, both horizontally and vertically. The candidate will have a proven record of complex projects and program delivery, from conception, design and research, through implementation, measurement, and post-launch iteration. Responsibilities will include:
* Leading projects for cross-functional teams focused on launching Alexa-wide initiatives.
* Scope and deliver complex, business critical programs end-to-end and drive and shape the overall program's strategy and roadmap.
* Gathering requirements for their projects and programs, identifying appropriate resources needed, developing the milestones and launch schedule to ensure timely and successful delivery.
* Liaise with all departments to ensure relevant areas are engaged in time to develop deliverables within their area to support project deliverables.
* Measuring and reporting on progress, anticipating and resolving bottlenecks, providing escalation management, and anticipating and make tradeoffs, They rely heavily on influence over authority to drive project deliverables.
* Effectively prioritizing competing projects in a group or department; understanding when to escalate for definitive prioritization or validation of own recommendations.
* Operating with considerable autonomy and discretion.
* Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
* Working across teams to create strong relationships with stakeholders and senior leadership teams
* Communicate project status with design team and stakeholders regularly
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.