Senior UX Designer
Treyarch is looking for a passionate and talented User Experience Designer to create compelling experiences and interfaces. As Senior UX designer, you will help conceptualize, design and craft a vision for how players interact with our games. You will work directly with the UI/UX team, Leads, Directors and teams across the studio to ensure all aspects of the interface are intuitive, consistent, accessible and align with the goals of the project.
* Collaborate with team members to translate systems and gameplay goals into intuitive interfaces that support and enhance the game experience.
* Create wireframes, user flow diagrams, and low-fidelity prototypes to communicate design concepts for discussion and testing purposes.
* Observe and interpret results of usability testing and live game metrics, sharing conclusions with the team that help increase accessibility and inform design decision making game-wide.
* Produce finished design specs with detailed requirements and use cases for final game interfaces, including in-game HUDs.
* 3+ years of experience as an interface or user experience designer for games, software, mobile or web applications.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a solid understanding of user-centered design principles.
* Awareness of trends in hardware and operating systems, interface design, interactive design, and competitive software to help identify opportunities for innovation.
* Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present ideas and designs to a broad range of team members from different disciplines.
* Ability to observe, understand and translate research into actionable insights for interface improvements.
* Solid skills with Adobe illustrator or similar program.
* Game industry experience designing UI for games, preferably on the console.
* Game industry experience designing gameplay systems of any sort.
* Formal information architecture or user centered design training.
* In-engine experience prototyping or implementing UI.
* Graphic design skills.
* Passion for gaming with an eye to how user experience contributes to the success and accessibility of games.
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Call of Duty: Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II, Call of Duty®: Black Ops III, and the studio's most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Duty's Zombies. Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision Publishing, Inc.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.