At Tableau, we are on a mission to help people see and understand data. We create intuitive and powerful analytics software that enables thousands of organizations and millions of people around the world to find insights in their data. The Augmented Analytics team is looking to advance us on this journey by putting the power of statistical analysis within reach of anyone with a question about their data.
As a Senior User Experience Designer, you'll work with a multidisciplinary feature team to build the vision for how machine learning and artificial intelligence can help people make better decisions with data. You'll identify core scenarios and rapidly iterate on designs to identify which approaches are most useful for our customers. You'll work with the team to ship high-quality, refined user experiences. And you'll also be an important member of a large and growing design team of working across Tableau to make our users happy and successful.
Some things you'll be doing include…
* Turning complex and technical concepts into experiences that feel simple and straightforward.
* Crafting scenarios, user flows, wireframes, and working prototypes that clearly communicate design intent to everyone, designers and non-designers alike.
* Through your product work, helping non-designers create beautiful and intuitive dashboards.
* Working directly with engineers and PMs on projects from beginning to end.
* Fostering a healthy design practice by giving and receiving feedback with maturity and perspective.
* Working together to coach, mentor, and grow newer designers.
* Championing ways to increase the quality and impact of our design team and our craft.
Who you are…
* Educated. Bachelor's or higher degree in User Experience related field (UX design, HCI, HCDE, graphic design, etc.).
* Experienced. 6+ years of UX design, visual design, or other applicable design experience with a solid understanding of design process, best practices, and a rich portfolio of design work that goes beyond simple websites and mobile apps.
* Domain savvy. Experience with ETL, data visualization, and/or designing multi-system products and services is a big plus.
* Results-oriented. You work fast and generate a wide variety of high-quality solutions.
* A Life-Long Learner. Finding and sharing new design tools and processes, new technical areas, and better ways to get things done.
* You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!