What will artificial intelligence and data science look like in 10 years? How do we design software tools to empower millions of humans working with code and data such as scientists, engineers, developers, analysts, students, and data scientists?
The Amazon SageMaker team is on a mission to make data science and machine learning understandable, accessible, affordable, and scalable. Amazon SageMaker provides developers and data scientists with the ability to build, train, and deploy machine learning models quickly. As a fully-managed cloud service, SageMaker covers the entire data science workflow from data preparation and exploratory data analysis to model building and inference. The foundation of the SageMaker user experience is the industry standard, open-source Jupyter Notebook.
We are looking for passionate and innovative design leaders who will guide our design efforts in this emerging and exciting field.
You are an experienced design leader, ready to champion human centered design to simplify complicated and painful customer tasks and activities in data science and machine learning. You feel at home working in diverse, cross-functional teams that include product managers, scientists, and developers.
As a design leader, you have deep knowledge and practical experience in all aspects of UX design for software applications, from user research and design concept creation to visual and interaction design and usability testing. You will work collaboratively with leaders inside AWS, the open-source community (Project Jupyter, etc.), and AWS customers to deliver products that are intuitive, understandable, and a joy to use.
* Design products that delight a wide range of users working with code, data, and machine learning models on the AWS AI platform such as data scientists, data engineers, machine learning researchers, analysts, and students.
* Help a growing UX team develop a comprehensive design vision, approach, and strategy for the AI platform, looking past the current hype and limitations of AI to the long-term human and business value for AWS customers.
* Drive design projects through all phases, from user research and exploratory prototypes to design reviews, delivery, and usability testing.
* Collaborate and communicate effectively within cross-functional teams that span design, product, engineering, and management.
* Design the UX, visual style, user interface, information architecture, and interaction flow of web applications for users working with code, data, and machine learning models.
* Develop and maintain a detailed design system that spans multiple products, and communicate those to developers and product managers.
* Collaborate on design projects with open source projects in the data and machine learning space, including Project Jupyter.
* Develop and contribute knowledge of the latest user research practices, HCI research, design guidelines, and design heuristics.
* Solicit and accept feedback, weigh inputs and priorities, and take part in constructive dialogue to resolve healthy debates.
* Conduct and participate in design reviews with a range of stakeholders across the organization.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.