In Cognition, people-not devices-are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together-whether that's scientists "meeting" on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we're incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We're a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
You are drawn to working on the latest and most innovative products in the world. You seek projects that will transform how people interact with technology. You have a drive to grow your skillset by finding unique challenges that have yet to be solved. We are looking for a creative Sr. UX Designer to come join us in delivering the next wave of holographic experiences in an exciting new project.
* 5+ years' experience in entertainment media and design with an emphasis on UX design, data visualization, information architecture
* Expertise creating a variety of UX design documents including wireframes, guidelines, user research, system designs.
* Experience shipping high quality 3D games or applications
* Working with the latest content creation and game engine tools
* Strong cross-discipline collaboration skills
* Great communication, written and verbal
There are plenty of other skills that aren't required, but you'll find useful in this role. Let us know if you have experience with:
* Augmented or Virtual Reality
* Unity, Unreal or related game engines
* Working with the US Military or other government contracts
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship/Green card to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* You will solve complex design problems through systemic thinking and with clean, clear, prioritized design solutions.
* You will work closely with the Design Director, Art Director and experience design team to define and drive the user experience design and information architecture in our mixed reality and 2D experience.
* You will communicate your ideas using a wide variety of methods from sketches, wireframes, data visualizations, to polished designs.
* You will partner with industry-leading Engineers, Designers, Artists and Producers
* You will work with state-of-the art next generation hardware, sensors and software
* You will incorporate the latest AI, Machine Learning and Computer vision capabilities into the design of our products
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.