Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, Fox, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today's contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Are you interested in streaming television and being at the forefront of new user experience paradigms? Do you have the skills to solve design problems for 5-inch and 50-inch screens simultaneously? Sling TV is looking for a User Experience Designer who will report to the Manager of UX. You'll be responsible for conceptualizing, designing, and prototyping for the goals and delights of customers who use Sling TV's growing presence of TV Streaming (OTT), mobile, and Web products. We'll expect you to have the basics of UX down, and be in the process of developing something a little something extra, whether that's great research chops, some coding expertise, or another wrinkle in your skills.
* Generating and iterating designs, including conceptual wireframes, low to high-fidelity comps, generating user flows and diagrams, author UI specifications, producing functional prototypes, and managing hand-offs
* Executing best methods for evaluating and comparing user-experiences in a fast-paced, (SAFe) Agile environment
* Supporting and participating in usability testing activities
* Presenting designs to a variety of stakeholders including product managers, engineers, and leadership staff
* Serve as liaison to other departments to gather user-specific issues
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful candidate will have:
* Experience in User-Centered-Design, Interaction Design, and Information Architecture; rapidly producing/developing UX/UI concepts and prototypes using Omnigraffle, Sketch, InVision, Framer, and Adobe Creative Suite, Proto.io
* Ability to effectively communicate with Engineers, Product Managers, and other stakeholders
* Ability to objectively evaluate design decisions, balancing both customer and business needs
* Practical ux design experience working on real-world projects
* Experience designing for the 10-foot TV-watching experience and knowledge of interactive TV industry trends
* Mobile and Web design experience
* Agile research and design, especially using SAFe