Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a talented and passionate senior user research manager to join our growing design and research studio. This senior user research manager will have a significant impact on our business as they contribute to the research direction for multiple AWS products, services, and platforms.
AWS provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. AWS UX Design and Research works to enable our users, from Netflix to your next-door neighbor, to harness the power of the cloud. If you want to work on some of the world's biggest design challenges, and make tools that builders will use to create the great products of tomorrow, join our team.
We care about your career growth too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you'll review it regularly to ensure you're on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
You will manage a team of three researchers. You will develop and execute a strategic program of research in support of our growing AWS services. You will work collaboratively with a cross-functional team of UX designers, researchers, product managers, design technologists and software engineers to explore, create and refine ways in which our customers connect, manage and optimize millions of everyday devices. You will work closely with customers building sophisticated solutions to learn how our services are meeting their needs.
You will be responsible for driving and implementing research strategies. You will interact daily with team members to understand and guide research needs (known and unknown). You will also be required to work with minimal direction and be capable of working quickly while delivering high-quality outputs. You will work on overlapping projects, which require the ability to multi-task and juggle various priorities. The right candidate will have a deep understanding of user research methods and best practices, and also, a nimble, creative and pragmatic approach, while pushing the boundaries of agile research.
Key Job Responsibilities
* Build a research road-map; communicate and refresh on regular basis to ensure relevancy.
* Identify best method or mix of quantitative and qualitative methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
* Build and continuously improve a robust and thoughtful approach to gather customer insights and collaborate with other research teams in Amazon to align on best practice.
* Designing, conducting, and analyzing results from a variety of research studies including usability lab studies, remote research, field studies and survey design.
* Recruit and schedule usability participants for research studies.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.