OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
User Experience Designers at Open Text research, design, prototype and test software products that solve critical business needs of our customers. Through a sound understanding of the underlying architecture, product vision and requirements, we create compelling, usable user interfaces for complex enterprise software applications across desktop, web, tablet and mobile platforms. We work as essential development team members in a highly collaborative, agile environment to create industry leading Enterprise Information Management software solutions.
You are great at:
* Conceptualize, design and deliver intuitive and compelling designs for a complex, multiplatform (web/browsers, iOS mobile, iOS tablet, Android mobile, Android tablet, windows desktop, mac desktop, Java, etc.) product suite that supports user needs and business objectives.
* Work with R&D leadership, Product Management, and Architecture teams to create a shared understanding of the impact of technical, architectural, and platform decisions on the user experience.
* Create interactive prototypes as proof of concept of the software product solution, serving as the starting point for requirements validation, conceptual design validation and basis for iterative development activities.
* Advocate user needs throughout the development lifecycle in an agile/iterative environment to ensure the team develops the right product.
* Mentor peers, stakeholders, and teammates on customer-centered design principles and methodologies.
* Contribute to and help champion User Experience Design team initiatives, such as creation of design guidelines, process enhancements, toolkits, etc., fostering a customer-centered culture.
What it takes:
* Strong technical background with the ability to quickly understand complex technical, architectural, and platform tradeoffs and provide guidance on their impact on the end user experience.
* Experience designing complex enterprise applications
* Experience in DAM, ECM, SAP, RM, BPM, ERP, or WCM preferred
* UI development experience on web, desktop, or mobile platforms a plus
* Knowledge of UI prototyping tools (Axure, Sketch, etc.) an asset
* 5+ years working with an experience design team… applicants with eclectic backgrounds welcome
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to conceptualize complex systems
* Excellent listener, facilitator, communicator, and team player
* Self-reliant, used to taking initiative, and great at follow-up
* Creative, with solid understanding of interaction design best practices / principles
* Prior experience doing UX within an Agile environment would be an asset
* Experience with a variety of UI design and prototyping tools, e.g. Visio, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Axure, Balsamiq, Sketch etc.
* Knowledge of GUI accessibility standards (Section 508, WCAG, etc.) a plus