About the role
The Samsung Mobile UX team is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior UX analyst with a background in UX design. The candidate should possess comprehensive knowledge of the design cycle from research, requirements gathering, to design iteration, validation, and QA. In the role, the candidate will own the UX design aspect of a product's development process. They will review and analyze the latest Samsung UX, deliver UX feedback with alternative designs to Samsung designers, and lead communications with carriers and Samsung teams based in South Korea. In addition, they will be responsible for tracking, managing and resolving any UX related issues raised during the lifecycle of the product.
The candidate should possess an eye for good UX design with an ability to spot issues and generate ideas for improvement. They need to be able to visualize and communicate their ideas, lead brainstorming sessions as well as research and drive for results. The candidate will maintain quality from a project execution perspective, with the ability to identify risks and provide tactical support wherever appropriate. They will need to be aware of a project's schedule well-being and risks at all times, be able to manage meetings and anticipate roadblocks and to update all stakeholders with a project's status. The candidate is expected to have excellent written and verbal communication to effectively communicate across multiple divisions and teams.
Role and Responsibilities
* Reviewing and analyzing UX in early phases of development and delivering feedback with design alternatives.
* Ensuring that the UI development results meet market (consumer) demand, technical specifications and carrier requirements.
* Communicating and cooperating with counterparts from internal teams such as product design research, engineering, and marketing. As well as external partners, such as telecommunication operators and external consultants.
* Conducting group usability studies and documenting results and analysis of the studies.
* Analyzing UX of competing mobile devices as well as market trends in mobile UX.
* 8+ year of industry experience in interface/interaction design of mobile devices required.
* Demonstration or portfolio of wireframes/workflows of user interface/interaction design required
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Comfortable with ambiguity and candid, respectful debates
* Deep knowledge of application architecture basic concepts, software design process, and UI/UX design deliverables.
* Working knowledge of usability testing
* Highly skilled in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word.)
* Strong time and project management skills with ability to meet tight deadlines.
* Experience working with cross-functional project teams reporting into multiple stakeholders.
* Experience overseeing multiple projects within interdisciplinary teams and proven experience driving deliverables within a multi-location team.
* Design, research experience is a plus.
* Masters or higher degree preferred in Human factors, Human computer interactions, Interaction Design, Usability engineering, Computer Science, Psychology, Information Technology.
* Knowledge/experience in working with design and communication tools: Slack, Confluence, research tools, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other prototyping tools preferred.
Skills and Qualifications
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.