The Senior UI/UX Designer position drives visual and user experiences for a variety of initiatives across our web and mobile products. This position requires advanced skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch with attention to detail and problem-solving skills by designing assets along with modifying existing ones. This position is responsible for creating ground-breaking work with original concepts with detailed execution, while mentoring junior designers and helping maintain a level of quality throughout the team.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
* BFA / BA in Art or Graphic Design, technical certification or equivalent.
* 5-8 years' experience working in product design field.
* Professionally crafted and curated online portfolio.
* The ability to build and iterate on rapid prototypes.
* The ability to lead a project from start of concept to hand off to development.
* The ability to build interaction design concepts and translate it into production-ready mockups, assets & icons for any platforms including desktop, web and mobile applications.
* Advanced knowledge of Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, (or related applications).
* Thorough understanding of graphic design and UX principles, including responsive design, native app interface and interactions, color theory and typography as it applies to the end application and interactions.
* Experience with team that have created new products as well as improved existing ones
* Deep experience in creating designs for responsive web and/or mobile apps that are noteworthy for their design and usability.
* HTML/CSS knowledge
* Understanding of WCAG 2.0
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Work closely with fellow Designers, Researchers, Engineers, Art Directors, Creative Director, Project Managers and Stakeholders to ensure the solidity of design systems and deliver best-in-class designs.
* Create flows and experiences that are elegant, simple, and intuitive.
* Advocate and promote modern UX and design standards (may include preparing occasional education sessions for the Dev. team on relevant UX & design topics).
* Ability to lead projects and be responsible for all UX deliverables
* Mentor Associate and Mid-level Designers
* Help build, define, and innovate a visual identity system-managing brand consistency across all touch-points in the customer journey through helping craft design specifications, standards, style guides, toolkits, and processes.
* Lead brainstorming of and creation of concepts for best-in-class user experiences.
* Innovate design concepts, practices, and procedures of design.
* Apply broad knowledge of design best practices to solve difficult problems.
* Use new information or approaches to overcome resistance or objections. Identifies key decision-makers and the people that influence them.