Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable-across any device-reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox-and their career-to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that's made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Senior UI Tools Engineer you will build exciting new features for our game engine's UI system. With an incredibly diverse application set, you will work on our completely custom in-house UI system that helps power the millions of games you find on Roblox. We are looking for engineers passionate about building world-class user experiences from both usability and performance perspectives. You need to be proficient in C++, data structures, and algorithms. Experience with Lua is desired but not required, as is experience in game development.
* Experienced. You have 5+ years of professional experience working on a consumer-facing UI framework.
* Proficient in C++
* Passionate about performance
* Well versed in responsive UI design mechanics
* Self-sufficient, self-organized, and able to take ownership of a project throughout its full lifecycle
Nice to Have:
* Experience building online mobile and/or console titles
* Shipped a high quality UI on a mobile application (iOS, Android)
* Experience working on a browser-based rendering engine
* Experience with Lua
* Experience building games with Roblox Studio
* Help improve, design and implement a world-class UI framework that millions of games on Roblox use.
* Maintain and improve existing codebase
* Analyze bug and crash reports, fix problems, and optimize performance
* Collaborate with numerous internal teams to help build the world's best user generated gaming platform
* Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
* A rewarding 401k program
* Flexible vacation policy
* Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
* Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
* Annual CalTrain Go Pass
* A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
ROBLOX is a comprehensive 3D creation, publishing, and gameplay platform that empowers players to create 3D models and games and get them in front of a massive audience.