GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 17 million customers worldwide and over 75 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
This position is for a high impact engineer that can work in a technology stack from the user interface level down to the persistence model, but will primarily be responsible for adding new functionality to the presentation tier. The engineer will have input into both the technical and product direction and will be responsible for end-to-end delivery.
* Have you ever built a dynamic front end for a transactional system that needs to handle close to 2 million auctions per month? We should talk.
* We need to hire multiple developers to complete the integration of Transaction Assurance into the Auctions product suite. This is an initiative to move to a workflow-specific model for transaction management using an Open Source stack that includes React, React Native, Backbone, Node and Cassandra.
* This position is for a high-impact engineer who can work in a technology stack from the user interface level down to the persistence model, but the primary deliverables will be on the front end.
As a Senior Engineer in our Cambridge office, you will partner closely with internal teams assisting with user stories for both a Java platform team and a full stack, customer-facing product team responsible for GoDaddy's aftermarket domain services. We are seeking to scale out our services globally and make them as mobile-responsive as possible.
We value strong Java developers with REST API experience who can quickly hit deliverables using React. Our Software Engineers own their product and platform end-to-end, especially their code quality. They are responsible for thinking beyond unit tests to integration and functional tests as well as automation efforts. QA is everyone's job. Come shine on our small, high-impact team of dedicated Engineers as we build and iterate upon the world's largest secondary marketplace for domain investors and small business owners.
* Contribute to the full development stack from the UI to the persistence model. You will be diving into front end development and working a data model for services with the Dev Ops and testing required to keep the lights on.
* Refine requirements with the product management team members to find a path through the product and technical vision.
* Deliver on user stories each sprint; participate in Scrum meetings, code reviews, sprint planning, etc.
* Contribute to the technical direction of our solution. Everyone has a voice in our group, and we all have a vested interest in our direction.
* 5+ years of full-time software development experience in an Open Source Java environment
* Experience developing and consuming RESTful web services. Familiarity with micro-service architecture is preferred.
* Have the ability to communicate an object-oriented design and logical development approach with your peers.
* Experience in an Agile software development environment is preferred
* Experience with public cloud services preferred
GoDaddy is a proud equal opportunity employer.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
Job ID R001737