Meet CarGurus-the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we're building the world's most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it's easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers. Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking for skilled UI Engineers who can help drive our ongoing evolution of industry leading products. The UI/UX team is creating a rich user experience through our highly scalable, data centric suite of products. Our goal is to create products that cut through the complexity and opacity of the auto market, putting the consumer first.
What You'll Do:
* Create cutting edge UI/UX experience from design through implementation.
* Create new UI/UX and search functionalities while working collaboratively to evolve efficiency.
* Continue to modernize our web and mobile experience.
* Contribute to front-end infrastructure focused on scaling and performance.
* Have a say in future direction of technologies and best practices.
Who You Are:
* 3+ years of experience; ideally in fast paced environments; we are pushing new code daily
* Experience with ReactJS or similar framework
* An eye for UX design
* Creating mockups, prototypes, and writing production ready code
* Solid web design, layout, typography and iconography skills
* Familiarity with Git or other control systems
* Leveraging our data and helping to build A/B tests to decide which features to keep
* Working with server side templates (E.g. Freemarker)
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we're nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we're as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you'd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
CarGurus operates an online automotive marketplace connecting buyers and sellers of new and used cars worldwide.