Job Title: Senior UI Engineer
Location: San Diego
This position reports to: Software Engineering Manager
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We're disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
* Produce high quality code on aggressive deadlines
* Design & implement comprehensive UI/UX solutions by understanding customer problems, product goals and technical requirements
* Collaborate with design teams to deliver engaging and consistent user interfaces
* Participate in all technical aspects of team deliverables, including quality, performance, maintainability, and scalability
* Communicate technical decisions (architecture and design) to business and engineering
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
* Passion for software development and problem solving
* High energy and an aptitude for learning new technologies
* Strong leadership qualities and ability to mentor junior engineers on topics of expertise
* 5+ years of experience in designing & implementing highly interactive user interfaces for high volume web applications
* Deep knowledge of AJAX, JSON, HTML, XML, CSS, REST and associated frameworks
* Knowledge of web user interface unit testing, profiling, and code tuning
* Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem solving skills
* Self-starter with a quick learning curve
* Strong written and verbal communication
* Experience with open source technologies like Linux, Apache/Tomcat and MySQL
* Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.