As a Sr. UI Developer in Illumina's Array portfolio organization, you will be responsible for architecting and implementing modern, robust and maintainable user interfaces for Illumina's Array Design and Analysis software catering to health screening and direct to consumer markets. You will work in an environment that is collaborative, innovative and fun. You will get to develop relationships with software developers, bioinformaticians, quality assurance and customers to ensure we deliver quality products. Your projects will benefit from agile methodologies and the latest software technologies.
* Collaborate with product owners, systems analysts and other application developers to design, code (front-end) and maintain high quality, mission critical applications against established process in a scrum team setting.
* Rapidly and iteratively prototype, design and implement modern, robust and maintainable UI.
* Establish best practices and processes to maintain and enforce design/styling standards.
* Research and pioneer the adoption of new front-end technologies.
* Assist in implementing analytics, tracking and testing code through the web application.
* Document code and system functionalities to aid maintenance and code reuse.
* Interface with customers occasionally to assist in defining requirements.
* Have a deep understanding in front-end technologies (JS, HTML, CSS, HTTP) and cross-browser compatible development.
* Proficiency with CSS3, HTML5, Material, Bootstrap etc.
* Proficiency with NPM, Webpack, Gulp, Grunt or similar
* Experience with SOA, REST and integrating with RESTful APIs
* Strong analytical skills
* Self-motivated and able to solve problems independently and in team settings
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with challenging schedules
* B.S. in a Computer science or engineering related area or equivalent technical experience
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf