Perkins+Will is an interdisciplinary, research-based architecture and design firm founded on the belief that design has the power to transform lives and enhance communities. Recognized as one of the world's top global design firms, we focus on innovative research and design expertise to influence buildings and ideas that honor the broader goals of society. At the heart of this belief is that our people are the most valuable asset we bring to our work.
The i/o Team
The i/o team works on innovative technology solutions that help reinvent our core processes and reimagine services to our clients. We strive to deliver a wide range of digital solutions in the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) space - for our own internal business, our clients' environments, and ultimately, the users of the spaces we design. Our innovations include web and native apps around multiple intelligence domains - spatial, image, strategic business, social, and design intelligence. Our team (of about 8, but growing) also comes from a diversity of backgrounds - economics, architecture, graphic design, interior design, and computer science.
* An unrelenting focus on user experience and delight
* Design-thinking DNA: agile, iterative, team-centric
* A data-driven approach fueled by curiosity and imagination
What We're Looking For
Our Chicago lab is looking for a Senior UI Designer to create beautiful and intuitive user experiences. Candidates must have a keen eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and functional user interfaces. Our Senior UI Designer will also be working closely with our product teams, users and development team in an agile and interactive design-focused environment.
* Advanced degree in graphic design with a focus on digital design
* 3 to 5 years of related visual design experience
* Strong understanding of HCI/Interaction design
* Expertise in Sketch, InVision, Adobe CC, and other visual design and mockup tools (Zeplin, Figma)
* Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
* Desktop, Web, Native and kiosk design
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present and support your designs
* Design elegant, thoughtful solutions for complex workflows through the use of type, hierarchy, interactions, and design patterns
* Direct the user interface, workflow and visual appearance of all new features and enhancements
* Assure design quality by collaborating closely with developers, product managers, and marketing and writing clear, detailed specs
* Contribute visual styles to our design system, maintain and update our pattern library
* Effectively communicate design decisions to product teams, users, leadership teams
* Keep up with evolving design trends, technologies and best practices
* Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
* Experience working within a design firm
* Experience using data-visualization libraries/software - D3, Tableau
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and link to portfolio.
At Perkins+Will we believe that inclusion spurs creativity, and that innovation is born from an engaged culture of diverse people + ideas. By moving beyond barriers and stereotypes of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status; we are committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of the communities and clients we serve.