What you'll be doing...
The new Transport Engineer position will mainly focus on the project management/coordination of CRAN, VRAN, 5G, MEC (Mobile Edge Compute) for New York Metro. This new position will be engaged in the planning, design and execution of all CRAN, 5G, VRAN, MEC projects as well as upcoming emerging technologies. This position will closely collaborate with various stakeholders (RF, Implementation, Ops, Construction, RE, Vendors, and HQ) to help optimize the designs of these technologies and reduce re-work.
The Transport Engineer works with a group of engineers who regularly evaluate the optimization of the transport network, including fronthaul, backhaul and microwave networks. The transport team is responsible for creating, designing and issuing System Design Change Orders and engineering new cells, trunks, cell and switch growth and voice & EVDO carrier additions. This position must understand Verizon Telecom products such as Native Ethernet, VZON, TLS and Dark Fiber as well as Verizon's IOF and OSP Provisioning process.
In addition, the Transport Engineer supports initiatives to reduce the cost associated with Direct Telecom expenses and optimize call routing within the region. As part of the regional network management team this position shares accountability for the overall performance of the regional network and the smooth implementation of technical features and new products/services. This position requires the possession of a considerable amount of experience in transport engineering, significant project management experience, and strong problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills to develop a monthly interconnect implementation plan that support macro, small cell, CRAN, 5G, VRAN, MEC build targets.
Other key responsibilities include project coordination, traffic engineering, and resource management. This position supports regional and corporate targets for availability and performance of the Verizon Wireless network, insures corporate policies and procedures are adhered to.
* Work closely with all groups within the Network team including RF Design, Real Estate, Construction, Operations, Facilities, System Performance and the Area Planning team.
* Manage vendors to meet targeted network milestones and turn-up dates.
* Provide input for budget and overall planning
* Work within the financial constraints of allocated budget
* Project management of new technologies/services in the region related to cell site engineering and operations
* Attend frequent project update meetings to present current status of pending and ongoing projects
* Adopt current methods/procedures for interconnect tracking
* Consistently work to improve processes that assist in communication and coordination with other network teams.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Valid driver's license.
* Experience in the cellular or telecommunications industry.
* Knowledge of related interconnect circuits type and features i.e. TLS/EMUX/Dark Fiber.
* Knowledge on wireless 4G and 5G wireless services as it pertains to architecture, 3GPP option 3X, etc.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
* Knowledge of centralized ran as it pertains to interconnections in an urban environment.
* Knowledge in wavelength division multiplexing technology.
* Knowledge of OSI stack and IPV4/IPV6 addressing.
* Knowledge of VXLan or segment routing and other routing and networking protocols i.e. MPLS, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, TCP/IP, VLAN.
* Knowledge of Nokia SR OS and configuration.
* Knowledge about unlicensed and licensed microwave technology for backhaul.
* Knowledge with transport tools such as XNG, Nautilus, Sitetraker, and FUZE
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.