What you'll be doing...
The Engineer IV-Translations is responsible for the oversight, coordination, and implementation of translations projects, session routers/session border controllers, and configuring call routing within the switches. The Engineer IV also plays an important role supporting Network Assurance, Performance, and HQ teams during trouble shooting of network issues and outages.
* Configures standard tasks such as call routing for circuit and packet call/session control protocols with the goal of supporting end-to-end routing across circuit and packet domains.
* Performs basic and advanced call routing as well as day-to-day activities, associated with Session Router's and Session Border Controller's, CSCF's and CTS/TAS, WSS, and Mobile Switching Centers.
* Test and implement upgrades to the network.
* Implement new features and major initiatives.
* Supports the regions during switch cutovers, cell site adds, and new market integrations.
* Handles the integration of Session Routers, Session Boarder Controllers, MSCs and maintains the databases that reside at those elements e.g. Dial Plans, Feature Codes, LRTs, etc.
* Supports local, area and national initiatives.
* Maintain efficient routing and up to date compatibility with external carriers (LERG).
* Ongoing trouble ticket review, analysis and resolution of service or revenue-impacting network issues.
* Update and develop written MOP's of work performed as well as filing supporting change controls.
* 24*7 support, flexibility for night- and weekend-work, travel at-site as needed.
* Provide direction for vendors on how to build databases according to established standards and criteria.
* Identify cost efficiencies and work to reduce capital expenses by determining and building the cost effective call routes.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have
* A degree.
* Five or more years' experience in the cellular or telecommunications' industry.
* Capability to effectively communicate at all levels of the business in both written and verbal forms.
* Knowledge and experience with VoIP, SIP, RTP, etc. protocols.
* Knowledge of SS7 (TCAP/ISUP/IS41) protocols.
* Experience with engineering and implementation of Session Boarder Controllers (Oracle and Ribbon).
* Knowledge of call routing on the following platforms/technologies: Session Router, Session Boarder Controller, Lucent OMP/ECP/5E, Ericsson MTX.
* Understanding of IMS architecture and applications (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc.).
* Knowledge of relevant support tools (Agilent SS7, Irisview, Monitor Master, RTT, Mars, etc) and various office automation tools a plus.
* Knowledge of IP networks, basic IP routing, etc.
* PC skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Capability to be adaptive to change, open to different viewpoints, ability to innovate.
* A proactive work style with the ability to set priorities, work independently and with a diverse group of professionals and exercise sound judgment.
* The initiative to independently identify issues, come up with timely, creative solutions, and own issues through resolution.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.