Job ID R1910338-1 Date posted Jul. 05, 2019
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2018 revenues of $8.97 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 75,000 partners, and 23,000 employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what's next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
* This position can be located in Colombia, Mexico or Costa Rica!
The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. The PSO team is dedicated to the success of the customer and their digital strategy. The PSO team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning solution.
As a Business Staff Consulting Architect you acquire intimate knowledge of the customers' business, its strategic goals and the specific requirements of our largest enterprise and global projects. You will be demonstrating the technical abilities of the consulting team you lead, and drive a solution that assists the customer in achieving their business goals and outcomes. You are a solution level subject matter expert with broad knowledge across the VMware technology stack and of 3rd party integrated products. In addition to customer facing delivery, Staff Consulting Architects also provide key input to pre-sales on complex multi-discipline bids and drive best practices.
The Business Staff Consulting Architect is a strategic role, which combines the competencies of strategy consulting, thought-leadership and IT transformation sales support in a delivery role. The Business Architect is a senior-level consultative delivery lead who is part of the Advisory Transformation Services team. He or she works closely with strategic account teams and sales leadership to drive adoption of VMware solutions into the strategic accounts segment of VMware's business.
The Business Staff Consulting Architect routinely engages with C-level, VP and Director level executives, both internal to VMware, and externally with VMware clients, providing perspective and guidance on long-term business/technology strategy, investments and innovation, drawing upon the depth and breadth of their technical and business management knowledge. In addition to delivery, sales and scope management expertise, the Business Staff Consulting Architect will need in-depth knowledge surrounding data center technologies and industry trends. Using this experience and knowledge of VMware's products as well as complimentary products, you will advise clients on issues related to the solution design and deployment including complexity trade-offs business impact. They should possess excellent listening skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to solve complex problems, be a big picture thinker and be able to visualize the solution. The Business Architect should also be able to act as a trusted advisor to executive leadership and be able to bridge business and technology. They will ensure the customer is guided with clear vision with end state in mind and provide the customer with the necessary transformative guidance to ensure value realization.
VMware PSO is committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest Software-Defined Datacenter or Digital Workspace technologies and solutions. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey.
We will sponsor your enablement and certification up to and including VCDX certification.
Work for the global leader in cloud infrastructure and virtualization solutions
* You will take ownership of business outcomes of projects, lead technical project teams and take accountability for all project deliverables.
* Strategically plan with sales, pre-sales and the customer to build out a delivery roadmap.
* Vision new services and requirements and be a trusted advisor to technical decision makers and key project stakeholders on your projects.
* Define and present a transformational journey to senior project stakeholders.
* Work with project manager on project budget, resource planning and all aspects of efficient delivery.
* Confidently gather use case requirements and creation of high-level enterprise designs while functioning as a resource for "Best Practices" and driving adoption of VMware solutions.
* Ensure the solution being delivered is fit for purpose, referencing the initial business goals and objectives of the project through strong project governance
* Maintain current, high-level technical knowledge of the entire VMware product line and future product direction and expert level knowledge of the core VMware product line and your specialist area
* Actively demonstrate commercial awareness and stay within the scope of the contracted work.
* Assist in the development of our consulting service offerings as well as developing white papers and best practices
* Must enjoy working with leading edge technology and being an intrinsic part of a fantastic team
* Build effective business relationships with customer C-level and VP executives
* Establish solid working relationships with VMware strategic account teams, sales leadership, professional services, product management, and executive staff
* Design modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture
* Facilitate executive workshops designed to consult on IT transformation, and influence business and IT strategy
* Conduct strategic account planning with VMware account teams
* Develop, contribute to and promote VMware thought-leadership
* Create high quality business cases as well as defining customer use cases
* Provide thought leadership in developing Transformational strategies, aligned with ability to deliver.
* Scope and support Transformation sales opportunities.
* Support the development of the customer solution and services design
* Regularly benchmark VMware customers for best practices and value achieved
* Spread best practices among accounts/account teams and elevate strategic mindshare with those accounts
* Inform infrastructure and Service design as well as development of success criteria
* Fluent in Spanish
* Fluent in English
* Bachelor's degree required; Masters of Business Administration a plus
* 12+ years industry expertise within a high-tech or consulting environment
* Experience developing and growing C-Level relationships Record of building strong customer relationships
* Deep understanding of the leadership, financial, process and technical challenges faced with running modern day IT operations at large corporations
* Pre-Sales or Consulting background
* Consultative Selling (question based selling, positioning services)
* Ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with varied functional knowledge levels
* Technical and Business writing skills (white papers, proposals, competitive responses)
* Business skills (financial accounting, ROI, TCO, budget planning, organizational design)
* Presentation skills including public speaking, meeting facilitation and white boarding
* Strong understanding of VMware technology and professional service offerings with the ability to demonstrate the benefits that can be realized through the application of VMware solutions to customer environments
Desirable skills and experience
* A broad range of vSphere or vRealize design experience in medium to large environments
* Project governance experience and familiarity with PRINCE2, PMP or TOGAF frameworks
* Practical knowledge of the ITIL framework
* Experience of presenting at a user group, trade show or similar is highly desirable
Why Choose VMware?
* Make an impact on your career path; grow professionally and personally by accessing our in-house learning & development opportunities & education assistance program.
* Voice your creative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives.
* Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis reflects our values of Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community.
Apply now Apply now