BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The Trading team within Aladdin Product Group is responsible for designing and building software used by BlackRock and BlackRock Solution clients for portfolio management and trading. This position is for a VP on Aladdin's trading platform. The Aladdin Trading System is one of the most critical components of the BlackRock technology stack and is designed to handle multiple asset classes on a unified platform. The System is engineered to handle billions of transactions a day with millisecond latency. The system is always available and has no single point of failure.
The Aladdin Trading System consists of applications built using a micro-services architecture and leverages technologies like Apache Cassandra, a highly available NoSQL database, Apache Zookeeper, a distributed coordinator and Spark Streaming for its rule engine. The key components of the trading system include the order management system, the order crossing components, smart order routing, FIX-connectivity and execution management system.
* Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables using AGILE methodologies
* Deliver high throughput, high availability, concurrent and fault tolerant software systems
* Significantly contribute to development of Aladdin's global, multi-asset trading platform
* Contribute as a senior individual contributor in building various capabilities of the OEMS(Order & Execution Management System) like real-time market data pipelines, algorithmic trading, trade analytics, pre & post-trade TCA, watch lists, smart order routing and integrated news & twitter feeds
* Develop and mentor other team members in order to build a highly performant team
* Manage large scale deployments and rollouts with an emphasis on risk-mitigation
* Work with product management and business users to define the roadmap for the product
* Design and develop innovative solutions to complex problems, identifying issues and roadblocks
* Be a thought leader and a partner in brainstorming solutions for team productivity, training and motivating developers, and hiring new developers
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or engineering required.
* 8 + years hands-on experience in Java.
* Experience in using Project Management methodologies such as Agile/Scrum is required.
* Experience in building Order and Execution Management, Trading systems is required
* In depth understanding of concurrent programming and experience in designing high throughput, high availability, fault tolerant distributed applications is a must.
* Experience in building distributed applications using NOSQL technologies like Cassandra, coordination services like Zookeeper, and micro services architecture / SOA is required.
* Experience in message oriented middleware architecture is required.
* Experience in building UI components using swing, web technologies is required.
* Understanding of relational databases is a must
* Strong analytical and software architecture design skills with an emphasis on test driven development.
* Experience in programming languages such as Scala, python would be a plus.
* Experience in using streaming technologies like spark streaming or storm would be a plus.
* Expected to drive growth of the trading platform through performance, stability, usability and new investment product capabilities
* Effective communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) are required
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
BlackRock is an investment management company.