Do you enjoy solving very complex problems with simplest solutions? Are you excited building large-scale distributed systems? Would you like to help us move forward scaling with the cloud? Do you want to learn the systems that interact with all the major components of Amazon supply chain, retails, and transportation systems?
Come join the Direct Fulfillment team, work with smart people and make major contribution to enhancing our fulfillment experience to millions of customers worldwide. We are looking to hire in our Seattle office to further improve the space of Direct Fulfillment - where we develop and provide a platform to enable vendors ship to our customers directly. The system is fast, nimble and flexible. It covers a wide range of business and technology areas including inventory management, workflow management, and order management.
Amazon Direct Fulfillment Dev team is seeking a Technical Program Manager to lead high-impact, cross-functional projects for next generation of Direct Fulfillment Platform. The TPM role requires hands-on project management skills, deep technical expertise, and excellent leadership skills. He or She will be responsible for collecting business and system requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch.
A successful candidate must be able to:
* Interact with Project Sponsors, Technical Program Managers and multiple Development Teams to define and deliver complex features.
* Lead the effective and efficient delivery of the large, complex projects.
* Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
* Maximize resources for the greater good of the organization.
* Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
* Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
* Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.