We truly take pride in the craft, and as a Tools Programmer you will be an essential part in driving the development of our unannounced project. Your main responsibility will be to work closely with colleagues from other disciplines, to design and create scalable solutions that will bring the engine and its various titles to an even higher standard. You will also be responsible for documentation and the longevity of your solutions, ensuring proper functioning and develop the engines potential.
This is a permanent position based in Stockholm, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
* Working in C/C++ on our integrated editor/game development tools
* Design, implement, and iterate on new and existing systems and tools
* Analyze existing functions in the engine and see how they could be enhanced to fulfill the intentions of the project
* Support the production functions and systems: production workflows in the editor, third-party application plug-ins (Maya, source control, etc.), and productivity tools (compilation, build process, etc.)
* Contribute to the long term strategy for the engine development
* Document the work so as to transfer knowledge and enable users to use the new systems and functionalities.
You as a person
You are an autonomous and communicative person who agrees that tools is the bread and butter of games development and want to take it to the next level. You thrive in an open environment and have a structured and results-oriented approach to tools creation. Furthermore you have a service-minded attitude and a natural curiosity for things and know what good enough looks like.
* Master's degree in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent training or experience.
* Intermediate experience as a software developer, in video games or similar industry
* General knowledge of having worked with video game engines and experience using one or more commercial engines
* Solid proficiency in C/C++, including: refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing
* Ability to understand user needs and take them into account when programming
* Excellent understanding of Software Engineering principles
We offer you an environment where you will be working on world leading products together with other passionate professionals, from both within and outside of the industry. Our ambition is to achieve highest possible quality with a focus on efficient work processes; whether it is in art, programming or design. If this sound like the next step in your career, be sure to send us your CV today!
Ubisoft Stockholm, led by industry veteran Patrick Bach, is the newest video game development studio in the Ubisoft family. The studio will focus on the development of AAA games for some of Ubisoft's biggest franchises, including the recently announced Avatar game.
We value diversity at Ubisoft Stockholm and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio. Ubisoft is committed to enriching players' lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you'll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is a publishing and distribution company of interactive entertainment products worldwide.