Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle Single System Management (SSM) Team provides a family of tools and utilities for management, monitoring, and configuration of Oracle Servers used within Oracle Cloud and Oracle Engineered Systems. All of these systems contain an Oracle Integrated Lights Out Manager (ILOM) service processor which provides in-band and out-of-band interfaces for these tasks.
Currently SSM team delivers following products:
* Oracle Integrated Lights Out Manager
* Oracle Hardware Management Pack
* Oracle Engineered Systems Hardware Manager
Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure/Hardware team is currently building a new test automation framework.
We are looking for Senior Software Developer with strong automation background to help with automating feature testing as well as migrating existing automation to new test automation framework.
Applicant will be working with development team, review specification/requirements documents to ensure the functionality is understood and proper level of test coverage is implemented. Applicant will be responsible for designing test cases, automating them wherever possible, executing tests and reporting bugs when found and working with development to insure those bugs are addressed and resolved.
Duties can be varied and complex. Independent judgement will be required to complete these duties.
Required skills and experience:
* BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relative to functional area. Approximately 3 to 5 years of software engineering/automation/testing experience.
* Programming skills in Python is a must.
* Strong background in writing test automation scripts
* Experience in an agile development model is a plus
* Good understanding of automation frameworks
* Strong knowledge in RESTful web services and expertise on testing REST API
* Experience in Performance and Stress testing preferred. Background in security penetration testing and fuzz testing is a plus.
* Review existing automation and suggest improvements wherever needed
* Track/manage incoming bugs, root cause/monitor field escapes to enable a drive for continual quality improvement
* Follow the quality industry and bring more best practices into our team.
* Proficient in UNIX/Linux environments
* Excellent written, verbal communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* An opportunity to work in a dynamic international team of skilled professionals
* The possibility to work with advanced technologies and products for a market leader in the IT industry
* Competitive salary and benefits package
* Flexible working hours, work from home program
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.