Coalition was founded by repeat entrepreneurs, Joshua Motta (Cloudflare) and John Hering (Lookout), with a mission to solve cyber risk. We believe that cyber risk is among the most pervasive risks facing society, and we've built the first holistic solution to it by combining free cyber security tools to help prevent loss, expert response to mitigate it, and up to $10M of insurance coverage to recover from it. Our technology platform encompasses insurance, threat intelligence, patch and vulnerability scanning, DDoS mitigation, ransomware protection, and more. Coalition's team of engineers, data scientists, security researchers, incident responders, and insurance personnel protect customers before, during, and after cyber incidents. Our insurance products are backed by Swiss Re, one of the world's largest (re)insurers, and Argo Group. Our customers are in every industry, and all across the US. We are based in San Francisco, although you'll find some of our team in more exotic places.
If you enjoy solving problems at scale (with lots riding on it) we hope you'll consider joining us.
About the Role
We are looking for a seasoned Test Automation Engineer who has the experience, ability, and proficiency to develop a fully automated test platform and commensurate automated tests for Coalition products. In this role you will be expected to define and execute a test automation strategy for Coalition to ensure rapid error-free development. You will also be expected to work with developers to empower them to utilize the test automation platform to evolve their ability to test products. You will be expected to evolve the platform to support full end-to-end regressions tests, performance testing, load testing, fuzzing, and stability testing.
This is a position with significant autonomy and the opportunity to shape testing at Coalition along with the possibility of growing a team of test automation professionals. As such, we are looking for candidates with a testing mindset who have leadership skills, a strong history in test automation and the hands-on ability to deliver it.
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline
* At least 8+ years of experience leading test automation development and execution
* Solid knowledge of Scrum, Kanban Agile development methodologies
* At least 8+ years of demonstrable experience with a programming languages suited to test automation
* At least one previous work experience testing microservices and APIs
* Understanding of performance and load testing tools and techniques
* Demonstrable experience with CI/CD pipelines and tooling
* Strong collaboration and communication skills
* Ability to review code written in Python, Golang or NodeJS.
* Working knowledge of computer security, networking, or AWS
* Working knowledge of Docker and AWS infrastructure services
* Security vulnerability testing experience
* We have lots of them. Check them out at https://www.thecoalition.com/careers
This position is based in San Francisco, CA, United States.
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Coalition is a security company. A successful background check is required for employment.
Coalition helps businesses manage and mitigate cyber risk, combining comprehensive insurance and proprietary security tools.