15526 Senior Test Automation Engineer (Open)
About the opportunity
Ascendon R&D is excited to announce that we are expanding our specialist R&D teams in Chicago. These teams are responsible for delivering new features for CSG's cloud based digital BSS Ascendon Platform. An exciting opportunity currently exists for a Senior Test Automation Engineer with product development experience to join our growing R&D team.
About the role
As a Test Automation Engineer in Ascendon R&D, you will have the opportunity to work with an experienced team developing front-end technologies. Our web team translates requirements into effective, intuitive, and responsive user interfaces. You will work collaboratively with other CSG delivery teams in Chicago, Omaha, Bangalore, and Brisbane.
As a successful candidate, you will meet the following criteria:
* Takes a leadership role in increasing the percentage of automated versus manual test cases
* Provides training and mentoring to junior testers and developers. This includes conducting code reviews, training on new coding and testing methodologies, manual testing, automated & manual testing guidelines, and best practices. This role will be asked to assign and assist in validating work.
* Champion for acceptance test-driven development (ATDD), automated unit testing (AUT), and behavior-driven development (BDD)
* Drives the research, evaluation and implementation of automated testing tools and utilities
* Recognizes areas in need of improvement and solves complex problems related to interconnected software components.
* Expand application behavior into test cases. Once the stories have been defined, come up with test cases and document the behavior
* Execute automated and manual test cases. Perform various level of testing, including feature, integration, regression and load
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
* 3+ years of experience with JS based test automation (Cypress, Cucumber, Selenium, Protractor, Jasmine, Mocha, Chia, Gherkin)
* 5+ years of experience testing web based applications. Very strong knowledge of QA fundamentals. Willingness to do manual verification. Experience working with global teams
* Knowledge of build/test frameworks such as Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, Yarn, NPM
* Be able to work independently in fast paced environment
This is an opportunity to be part of a professional, collaborative team creating an exciting future for Ascendon. If you like the sound of that, we'd like to hear from you.
Applications are now open. Click "Apply" to submit your covering letter and resume.