Meet CarGurus-the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we're building the world's most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it's easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking for an Senior Test Automation Manager/Architect to join our engineering team in Cambridge, MA. If you are a self-motivated testing automation engineer who thrives in collaborating with different engineering teams in a fast-paced environment, using data to guide decisions and is looking to modernize the CarGurus testing infrastructure, then you have found the right place.
As a Senior Test Automation Manager/Architect you will be responsible for driving the testing automation vision for the Engineering teams at CarGurus. You will build a team that will be deeply engaged in the software development lifecycle process by mapping out and implementing testing automation strategies to productionize features that have moved out of the prototyping phase into a full-fledge status on the CarGurus site.
This is a hands-on role, so we're looking for enthusiasm to roll up your sleeves as you build up your team.
What You'll Do:
* Build out a roadmap for creating full regression test suites (functional, integration, unit, load, performance) for the highest value features that are currently in use in Production
* Coordinate execution of this roadmap with your team and other Engineering teams
* Define proper testing automation practices and coach other Engineering teams to ensure code is built using patterns that facilitate testing automation
* Utilize data to help you identify biggest opportunities for automation
* Oversee the testing services and tools that are integrated into our CI environment
Who You Are:
* 7+ years of software testing automation experience
* Expertise with Java or similar object-oriented languages
* Deep experience and understanding of automated testing approaches, tools (eg. Selenium) and techniques (e.g., unit, functional, integration, load, performance)
* Strong understanding of MySQL or similar relational databases
* Strong analytical sense - let data be your guide
* Experience with Git
* Drawn to and thrive in a fast-paced environment that pushes code daily
* Has a pragmatic approach to determining when something is good-enough
* Ability to design a testing strategy/architecture that enables tests to be run at scale in a reasonable amount of time
* Able to manage a team independently, as well as collaboratively
* Experienced with working on teams that building scalable websites (e-commerce) or large-scale applications
* B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field (preferred)
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we're nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we're as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you'd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
CarGurus operates an online automotive marketplace connecting buyers and sellers of new and used cars worldwide.