Whole Foods Market
Responsible for the on-site integration of company information systems, which may include hardware, software, and networking products as well as operating systems. Assists in the installation, implementation, and upgrade of internal systems. May keep a tracking system for usage evaluation. Maintains an inventory of all equipment, hardware, software and supplies. Troubleshoots, maintains, and monitors, external and internal hard drives, printers, plotters and scanners. Provides on-site and/or remote installation, implementation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and/or repair of desktops, notebooks, printers, and associated peripherals.
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
* Answers help desk calls, emails, and direct requests during business hours.
* Provides hands-on, email, and/or telephone support for installations, store set-ups,
maintenance of retail back-office, point of sale, telecommunications, and other regional
hardware and software issues.
* Performs basic configuration and troubleshooting, parts replacement, system upgrades,
deployment, and repair on desktops / notebooks.
* Provides oversight of store technology and user administration.
* Takes ownership of support tickets and resolves issues either remotely or on-site as
* Ensures that all hardware and software is functioning, at all times, in assigned stores;
troubleshoots system and host environments, identifying and resolving faults,
inconsistencies, and other issues.
* Ensures all calls and other requests are properly logged, documented, escalated, and
closed out using OrchardNow help desk software.
* Participates in on-call rotation for after-hours emergency support.
* Collaborates with IT Team Members as necessary on various projects, systems rollouts,
and other tasks.
* Provides onsite support for new store openings and remodels.
* Participates and supports maintaining regional / global knowledge base documentation and
training resources are up to date.
* Assists in technology training for store Team Members.
* Helps develop tools enabling Information Systems Technicians to work together and
virtually share information.
* Troubleshoots and resolves a wide variety of technical issues in a retail environment.
* Solid understanding of Windows desktop and server operating systems.
* Working knowledge of network-based technology.
* Solid understanding of general office equipment and telephony support in a business
Interpersonal & Communication Skills:
* Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and listening.
* Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects or activities.
* Establishes working relationships with others outside one's area of expertise.
* Responds promptly and accurately to Team Members and members of the supported
* Handles basic vendor communication.
Problem Solving & Judgment:
* Works on routine assignments using independent judgment to address and resolve
anticipated / recurring issues.
* Follows standard operating procedures; troubleshoots reported glitches and irregularities.
* Receives guidance and direction on new or more complex issues.
* Recognizes when standard processes and procedures require modification or adaptation.
Team & Professional Behaviors:
* Works effectively with Team Members and other stakeholders, internally and externally.
* Demonstrates a customer-focused orientation and mindset.
Education & Experience:
* BA/BS degree 0-2 years' relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
* Ability to physically perform general office requirements.
* Ability to work evening and nights.
* Ability to travel extensively among stores in the Metro area.
* Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations.
* Ability to lift 40lbs unassisted.
* Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
About Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods Market is engaged in the business of natural and organic foods supermarket.