We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Technology Business Analyst to join our Information Technology team. You will have strong technical and analytical skills and a passion for service, community, and technology.
At the City of Bellevue, you'll be part of a team committed to providing exceptional customer service, upholding the public interest and being a part of the community vision. Our people bring unique skills and qualities to the table, embrace the values of honesty, accountability and commitment to service, and take pride in the work they do. You'll work in an environment where being innovative, collaborative, and future focused are the status quo.
We value work/life balance. That's why we are offering this position as .75 or 1.0 fully benefitted position for added flexibility; it's your choice. The City also offers a robust benefits package including multiple retirement plans, free ORCA card and more.
Bellevue welcomes the world. Our diversity is our strength. It's what makes the City of Bellevue an exciting place to work, live, and explore.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Identifying and recommending solutions to operational problems and needs by facilitating business process re-engineering, recommending implementation of new software systems and or enhancing existing systems and services
* Gathering and evaluating information from multiple sources for project planning and requirements gathering including: interpreting high-level information, abstracting from low-level information to a general understanding; and evaluating user requests to perceive the underlying needs of the business
* Identifying, recommending and documenting specific business requirements
* Developing software fit/gap analyses, functional specifications, preliminary and detailed business requirements, use cases/user stories, software requirements, and business process/work flow diagrams
Communication and User Training
* Communicating requirements and opportunities to all levels of the organization
* Support business users by collaboratively developing user procedures and training materials
* Delivering training or developing end-user training materials for new systems
* Collaborating with application analysts, developers and subject matter experts on system design and documentation
* Develop applicable policies and procedures
Driving for Success
* Developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge of the business processes and the associated IT systems and informed by business staff
* Ensuring business goals and strategies are reflected in recommended solutions
* Working with quality assurance resources to deliver sound test plans and quality results by reviewing process and systems changes
Successful candidates will:
* Be a technology champion - understand technology trends and how to leverage them to meet business needs
* Hold self and others accountable to meeting commitments
* Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
* Recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization
* Contribute to Bellevue's One City culture and values including Sharing Leadership, Communicating and Collaborating Widely, Engaging and Empowering Employees, Encouraging Innovation, Keeping a Short- and Long-term vision
* 5+ years business analysis experience. PMI-PBA certification desirable.
* Demonstrated experience establishing strong partnerships with customers across multiple lines of business
* Project Management skills and experience
* Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and non-verbal
* Ability to pass a criminal background investigation
The City of Bellevue supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status. Persons needing assistance in the application process may call the Human Resources Office, at 425-452-6838.
For further information about the job, please contact Bonnie Grant, IT Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-452 4065. Questions regarding the on-line application should be directed to 855-524-5627.