Ropes & Gray
Looking for a highly qualified and motivated Senior Technical Support Specialist to provide first tier phone support and network monitoring for the efficient resolution of technology problems and requests.
This role is responsible for providing in-depth technical support and leading the problem-solving/troubleshooting efforts for internal customers in all domestic and international offices. The Senior Technical Support Specialist receives, prioritizes, documents, and actively resolves end user technical requests via the phone using diagnostic skills, knowledge management and help request tracking tools. .
This is a work from home position and requires proven ability to work independently with limited direct supervision. The assigned shift is from 9:00am - 5:00pm EST, Sunday - Tuesday, Friday & Saturday. Occasional travel to a Ropes & Gray office for training or other business needs.
An ideal candidate has experience providing support in a legal environment where there is high volume. The Senior Technical Support Specialist position is assigned to the User Support & IT Training Team and reports to the Supervisor of User Support.
This role requires that the candidate complete Microsoft Certified Applications Specialist Certification within 18 months of hire.
* Provide exceptional customer service while responding to telephone calls, e-mail and personnel requests for technical support. Track & monitor the problem to insure a timely resolution and follow-up
* Works with callers and other help desk specialists to resolve simple to complex information system problems'
* Documents, logs and tracks all information relating to customer problems in the Help Desk information database
* Perform day-to-day activities within established service levels & metrics
* Works closely with the Supervisor to escalate unusual or recurring problems.
* Maintains working knowledge of all Firm deployed applications.
* Apply functional knowledge and troubleshooting skills to resolve issues related to problems with Blackberry devices, Remote Access capabilities (VPN, Citrix, RSA tokens, etc), Document Management system (preferably FileSite), MS Outlook (delegates, rules, etc), Hardware, Printers & other network devices (Issues are not limited to these areas)
* Seeks out opportunities to maximize help desk efficiencies, and improve client service level.
* Excellent listening, questioning and analytical skills along with the ability to remain calm under pressure & work in a concise, clear & focused manner are necessary
* Ability to understand and assimilate to the organization's culture, philosophy and values
* Ability to demonstrate analytical problem solving skills by balancing the use of trouble shooting tools with a practical application of experience and creativity in minimal time
* Ability to understand customer needs and expectations, provide excellent service in direct and indirect manner, and fulfill customer expectations
* Ability to relate to non-technical users in user-friendly language
* Ability to gauge one's strengths and limitations, escalating problems when needed, in effort to move self and others forward positively
* Ability to manage multiple and sometimes competing priorities to meet all deadlines
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in an organized, disciplined and consistent manner
* Willingness to receive constructive criticism or feedback on job performance and adjust work habits as necessary
* Ability to quickly process information with high levels of accuracy
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the firm's internal and personnel affairs
* Ability to work well with others, harness different skills and experience, and build a strong sense of team spirit
* Proactively seek out and attends on-going training for career development
* Ability to work in a multi-office environment
* Ability to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment
* Ability to provide overtime and holiday support as needed and requested.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Minimum of 7 years of experience in a technical Help Desk capacity. Law firm experience preferred.
* Associate's Degree in Computer Science or completion of a program at a recognized technical institute required preferred
* Excellent telephone etiquette and command of the English language with a demonstrated ability to maintain a customer service focus and attitude at all times.
* Prior experience and proven success in a work from home capacity preferred
* Experience with Exchange, mobile devices, and document management systems preferred
* Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office
About Ropes & Gray
Ropes and Gray is an international law firm offering a diverse range of consultancy services for legal and business needs.