At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It's this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
As a Senior Technical Support Lead, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge. You can make a real impact in a market that is growing and developing.
* Collaborate with senior leaders, business partners, architects, project managers, developers and IT Infrastructure colleagues throughout development
* Defines roadmaps in collaboration with Enterprise wide functional leads
* Leads development projects to build foundation and to integrate operational systems
* Develop viable solutions to complex business requirements
* Takes lead on assessing complex issues and driving them to resolution
* Serves as primary contact for vendor engagements during development phases
* Provide project estimations
* Support project manager during planning and development phases
* Provide training and guidance on complex and application concepts and related technologies
* Monitor development and production systems and resolve technical problems
* Ensure deployed products comply with established development methodologies, company policies and security standards
* Evaluate emerging technologies, development trends / methods and industry best practices
* Active contributor and participant throughout application development phases using Agile
* Gather and document requirements in use case or applicable technical specification format
* Create and execute unit test cases and support QC, load and integration testing
* Test and deploy software in development, staging and/or production environments
* Provide production support
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience: •
Bachelor's degree - BA or BS - or equivalent
7+ years of experience in supporting development and production applications/environments
Experience in supporting Bioinformatics environments is desired.
Below lists the required knowledge and experiences.
* UNIX shell scripting
* HPUX, Linux (Red Hat, Ubuntu), AIX
* Administration of * Perl, Python (including Conda/virtualenv) environments
* R, SAS environments
* Docker and Kubernetes environments
Other qualifications include the following:
* Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
* Excellent facilitation skills
* Excellent problem solving skills and proven ability to systematically debug problems and isolate root cause
* Ability to work in a matrix environment - collaborating across different IT functions
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.