As a Senior Technical Support Engineer at Nexmo, you will provide first-class support to our rapidly growing strategic customer base, who are integrating our programmable Voice and/or Video APIs in their applications.
We challenge our Support Engineers to provide a customer experience that leaves our users highly satisfied, loyal and true advocates of Nexmo!
What You're Great At
* Assisting customers in integrating our programmable APIs in their applications, with a focus on being empathetic, accurate, responsive, resourceful, and conscientious
* Fascinated with problem solving, have a natural curiosity and can demonstrate the ability to learn rapidly
* Communicating effectively (both verbal and written) with our customers and internal stakeholders
* Investigating, troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving technical issues related to voice and/or video protocols
What You're Good At
* Demonstrating diplomacy in your interactions with customers and interfacing departments
* Adjusting your approach to an enterprise or digital native audience
* Following processes, unless customers are better served by breaking our rules or improving our processes
What You Must Have Experience In
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
* 3+ years of Technical Support experience in either the telecommunications or SAAS sectors
* Supporting/implementing APIs or SDKs
* Multimedia technologies and protocols including VoIP, SIP, RTP, WebRTC, Websockets
* Experience with HTTP & SIP Proxies, SBC, PBX, IVR
* Understanding of developer's tools and languages (PHP, Python, Ruby, Node, Java)
Nexmo, the Vonage API Platform... Who are we?
Nexmo, the Vonage API Platform, provides tools for voice, messaging and phone verification, allowing developers to embed programmable communications into mobile apps, websites and business systems. Nexmo enables enterprises to reimagine their digital customer experiences by providing them with the tools they need to easily communicate information to customers in real-time through text messaging, chat, social media and voice.
Industry leaders including Snapchat, Zalora, Uber, Telegram, Lazada, KLM, GrabTaxi, Airbnb, Alibaba and Daimler send millions of messages per month using Nexmo APIs.
Founded in 2010, Nexmo is now the Vonage API Platform and remains a fast growing startup, with over 300 people employed across our San Francisco, London, Singapore and Hong Kong locations.
Why Nexmo… Our values!
Being disruptive, getting things done, and working with passion and integrity are the values that matter at Nexmo. We are on a mission to enable simplified communications between enterprises and their customers by empowering our employees. We strive for passion and integrity, both personally and professionally.
We have achieved significant growth by hiring exceptional people. We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We value those who will help us continue this spirit. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply.
Vonage is a cloud communications provider.