Title Senior Technical Support Analyst Job Reference 19-0181 Post Date 7/11/2019 CARC Yes City/Location Plano State TX Point of Hire Seattle, WA Company AIT-Arctic Information Technology, Inc. Type of Position Regular Full-Time FLSA Status Non-Exempt Description JOB SUMMARY: Provide technical support to clients by troubleshooting applications, systems access, resolving hardware, software and network related issues. Utilize pre-defined call and ticket management procedures to identify, resolve, or escalate issues to the System Administrator (Tier 3) and Support Center Management. Document and monitor service requests to ensure the issue resolution meets or exceeds the service level standard. Provide guidance on basic technical topics to Tier 1 Technical Support Analyst . Typically, the Senior Technical Support Analyst will work on resolving intermediate problems, this includes troubleshooting methods such as verifying physical equipment issues, networking problems, uninstalling/reinstalling software applications, verification of proper hardware and software setup, assistance with application navigation and a higher level of end user training with supported business applications.
* Deliver technical support over the phone remotely and in person; understands support processes
* Strong understanding of approved tools to assist in daily tasks such as ConnectWise Toolset, MS Intune, etc.
* Strong ability to work independently (such as troubleshooting workstation and server software and hardware) and as a team (escalating when appropriate, knowledge sharing)
* Ability to troubleshoot workstation-based software issues with:
o Microsoft Supported Windows Operating systems
o Microsoft Supported Office/O365
o Local and network printers
o Apple Mac Operating systems
o Sophos and other major AV brands
* Understands user, workstation, and permissions in domain and workgroup environments
* Understands and able to apply basic troubleshooting to server-based software issues with:
o Cloud Services
o Microsoft Supported Windows Server
o Microsoft Supported Exchange
o Microsoft Supported SQL Server
o Microsoft Supported Terminal Server and Remote Desktop Services
o Sophos and other major AV brands
* Knowledge and understanding of DNS, the Internet and mail flow
* Understand and administer Microsoft Office 365
o Manage and delete user accounts
o Manage Skype/Teams for Business
o Manage SharePoint
o Licensing levels to include subscription offerings
* Knowledge of backup solutions including Barracuda and others
* Knowledge and understanding of various server/workstation peripherals such as POS equipment (cash drawers, credit card readers, tablets) USB printers, PIV card readers, etc.
* Ability to learn and understand 3rd party applications
* Ability to learn client key business processes to provide effective troubleshooting, resolution or workarounds
* Ability to communicate with vendors for RMA and troubleshooting purposes
* Maintain appropriate documentation including client technical documentation, "how to" documentation, knowledge base articles, internal procedures/processes, etc.
* Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Strong written and verbal communication
* Strong organization skills and ability to operate efficiently throughout daily tasks
* Deliver technical client support over the phone, email, chat assist and on-site
* Pleasant and professional demeanor in all communications
* Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
* Ability to work independently and effectively on daily tasks without direct supervision
* Able to work at an efficient, quick and steady pace to troubleshoot and resolve issues
* Deliver high quality results
* Able and motivated to learn new technologies
* Operates with client satisfaction in mind
* Provide instructions to clients on basic desktop, peripheral, and mobile device usage
* Ability to identify when a problem needs to be escalated and to whom
* Identify efficiencies for Arctic IT and our clients
* Work well with clients at all levels, from executive to IT to end user
* Accurately enter and maintain issue information including notes and resolution
* Actively participates as a member of the Arctic IT team
* Adheres to work group and company polices outlined in Team Member handbook, electronic communication, and other documentation
* Submits timesheets and expenses accurately and timely
* Knowledge of MS Dynamics365 a plus
* Applicants subject to government security investigations and must meet eligibility requirements related to the clearance process
* Pass background checks as needed
* Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
* Ability to build rapport with clients
* Positive, professional, and client first demeanor
* Possess High school diploma or GED required, some college preferred
* Certifications are beneficial but not required. Desired certifications/examinations include CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCP/MCDST/MCSA
* 2+ years of relevant experience in a technical help desk environment with demonstrated advancement of skills
* Valid driver's license, insurance and reliable personal vehicle
* Ability to travel to client sites as needed, leveraging personal vehicle for local dispatch
The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities and abilities. Job may require some travel.
The individual will be subject to sedentary work with the majority of hours in a professional office environment and will need to be able to quickly respond to a change in work demands. The individual is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as viewing a computer terminal. Occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects (1-40 lbs.) are required.
It is Arctic Information Technology, Inc.'s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Arctic Information Technology, Inc. grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA).
Arctic Information Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law and the poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf. For questions on the job posting contact (253) 344-5300.
EOE AAP M/F/V/D
If you need assistance or special accommodations during the application process, please contact the appropriate Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified applicants will be notified
* Except as provided otherwise under applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
* Contact Us
© Doyon Limited.