You will provide project management leadership to ensure that our technical projects are coordinated and completed successfully. As a Senior Technical Project Manager, you will manage tactical operations for 2-3 teams. You will work closely with a broad range of technical and non-technical staff to plan and execute projects, assess and respond to risks, identify and track issues, and summarize and report on project and program status for internal management and project teams. You will partner with fellow Project/Program Managers to identify cross-dependencies, communicate information and ensure successful initiatives between programs.
You will provide project management leadership to ensure that our software technology projects are realized and completed successfully. As Senior Project Manager, Tech., you will have program responsibility for an area or major function within the technology or development organization, and must be able to manage a number of projects across multiple project teams and departments. You will work closely with a broad range of software engineers in development and test, and product managers to plan and execute projects, assess and respond to risks, identify and track issues, and summarize and report on project and program status for internal management and project teams. You will partner with fellow Program/Project Managers to identify cross-dependencies, communicate information and ensure successful initiatives between programs.
To be a good fit for this position you will have at least five years of software technology project management experience as a project / program manager preferably worked in AWS or any cloud environment, micro services architecture and core technology development , with experience in one or more agile framework such as Scrum, Lean, SAFe, and Kanban.
In this role you will…
* Your number one priority is to ensure team success
* Partner with a team of experienced architects, engineering managers, technology experts, project/program managers and fast paced engineering teams to build the underlying technology and platform that is leveraged by the entire engineering division at Cornerstone
* Ensure the teams have prioritized work to ensure the best possible business / technology outcomes given limited resources, time, dependencies, and other constraints by managing project planning, execution, communication, issues, and risks
* Define success metrics for the teams
* Manage/Enable/Support team scrum ceremonies and review daily progress with your teams
* Remove roadblocks for your teams and work with appropriate program/project managers to remove cross team blockers
* Generate and distribute status reports that provide clear and accurate progress, risks and issues
* Lead regular project meetings and facilitate issue resolution
* Provide project management leadership to the team and support overall technology vision and objectives
* Other project tasks as assigned by manager
You've Got What It Takes If You Have…
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* 5+years in software development project or program management in a technical environment
* Good understanding of enterprise and system architecture with the ability to get involved in tech conversations quickly and catchup with the pace of high performing technology teams.
* Knowledge and understanding of APIs and integrations, AWS cloud computing, micro services, CI-CD, DDD / TDD frameworks and SQL
* Basic understanding of at least one software programming language such as C#, Java or Python
* Knowledge and understanding of application availability, reliability, performance and scalability
* Interest in continuously learning latest technology and architecture for self-development and to help support the core engineering teams
* Thorough understanding of agile software development lifecycle with direct experience.
* Should be a go getter with strong organizational and communication skills to effectively lead project management activities for concurrent projects and multidisciplinary teams
* Experience with cloud or SaaS infrastructure and infrastructure as code
* Proficient with JIRA, Confluence, Rally, VersionOne, or similar ALM tool
* One or more standard project management certifications (PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CSP, SA, SPC) desired but not required
* You should be:
* Flexible, able to adapt to changing situations and open to trying alternative solutions.
* Able to build strong relationships across the organization and demonstrate a strong ability to work with a variety of personalities
* Tech and business savvy and always up for learning new things
* Have strong problem solving skills and a solution based approach
Extra dose of awesomeness, if you have…
* A background in engineering or technology discipline. This is desired but not mandatory.
* Basic coding skills and/or have worked in a development background in the past.
* Worked in migration projects between OnPrem and any cloud environment such AWS or Azure.
About Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand is a provider of a comprehensive learning and talent management solutions delivered as Software-as-a-Service.