Technical Project Manager
Led by some of the most innovative, experienced people in the business, FreeWheel Advertisers powers over 1,200 media buying agencies and advertisers, processing more than $50bn per year. Over 7,500 media buyers in the U.S. and Europe rely on us to effectively manage their business. Through a scalable, global platform and open architecture, we offer a flexible system to support all media types in a rapidly changing landscape. As part of FreeWheel, a Comcast Company, we power the technology, data enablement, and convergent marketplaces that allow buyers and sellers to transact across all screens, across all data types and all sales channels.
The Technical Project Manager will be part of the FWA PMO and will oversee the planning, implementation, and tracking of specific short or long-term projects which have a beginning, an end and specified deliverables. This role will serve as a bridge across senior management, internal programs, teams and clients. The focus of this role will be on projects that originate from Operations, DevOps and IT and require planning and coordination across several disciplines including Product, Engineering, Client Service, clients and vendors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities The Technical Project Manager performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Plan the project
* Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management and or key stakeholders
* Collaborate with key stakeholders to create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project with consideration given to organizational priorities, planned work, dependencies and risks
* Determine the resources (time, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project
* Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
* Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
* Review the project schedule with senior management and key stakeholders to obtain consensus and commitment on the plan including assumptions, resources and timing; revise the schedule as required
Staff the project
* In consultation with the appropriate manager, recruit, interview and select staff and/or volunteers with appropriate skills for the project activities
* Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the project
* Manage proper communication frequently with all members that are involved in the project and not make any assumptions
* Contract qualified consultants to work on the project as appropriate
Implement the project
* Execute the project according to the project plan and using PMO best practices
* Document project activities
* Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
* Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
* Ensures milestone dates are met.
* Monitors risks during various stages of the project and escalates issues to the appropriate level of management.
* Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
* Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
Control the project
* Write reports on the project for management and for other stakeholders
* Evaluate change requests against communicated timelines
* Monitor and approve all resource project time tracking including reporting
* Ensure that all documentation for the project are up to date
Evaluate the project
* Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
* Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
Our people are the most important part of our business, and none more so than our position title. We are fundamentally looking for bright, enthusiastic problem solvers. If you are someone who loves a challenge, constantly evaluates and questions, and above all, loves to provide excellent main position objective we are looking forward to meeting you. A successful candidate will also need to possess the following:
* 7+ years of experience in a job in the Media or Advertising industry with a specific focus on IT, DevOps or SDLC project management
* Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
* Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
* Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
* Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
* Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
* Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
* Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
* Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
* Experience: General understanding of application methodologies, database and system design including managing all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Minimum qualifications and requirements
* Generally requires 7+ years of related experience
* Bachelor's degree in Business/Technology related field or equivalent experience
* PMP Certification preferred
* Corporate PMO experience an asset
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer