Consider the following problem: every day, millions of customers with unique interests and needs come to Amazon looking for products out of a catalog of over a billion items. On each page, we need to decide what content would be most helpful to customers - ranging from automated recommendations to manual merchandising to navigational or informational content, etc. What do we show to customers to help them make shopping decisions and help them discover more parts of Amazon's vast catalog?
In Personalization we use state-of-the-art machine learning techniques and A/B testing to answer this question by running experiments on some of Amazon's most prominent and valuable pages. We are a full stack team working on a diverse range of products, machine learning systems, real-time, low-latency recommendation and ranking systems, building algorithms for understanding customer behavior and generating recommendations content, and as well as building customer-facing UIs. As a member of the team, you will work in a collaborative environment with a team of rock star engineers, ML scientists, and designers. You will have a unique opportunity to drive direct, measurable impact to our customers, powering features on the website generating billions of dollars of revenue each year.
We are looking a Senior Technical Program Manager for the team. In this role:
* You will have end to end ownership of cross-functional projects, including product definition, roadmap planning, resource planning and project execution.
* Along with business initiatives, you will also lead the definition and execution of strategic projects aimed at reducing the total cost and time to market for launch.
* You will work closely with business and operations leadership, including executive leadership at Amazon, to define the product and provide updates on the program.
* At the heart of this role is delivery. You will be hands-on in driving the delivery of critical business initiatives, managing all aspects of the project such as project planning, requirements definition, risk management, communication, and implementation planning.
* You will be a technical problem solver on the team, identifying innovative solutions to project deadlocks and resolving issues and constraints through consensus and sound judgment.
* You will be responsible for making project decisions, achieving tactical goals while retaining a strategic focus.
* You will work closely with the development teams and play a leadership role in product architecture and design
If you feel excited by the enormous scale and impact of Amazon search, building and launching customer facing products in international locales, this may be the next big career move for you.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.