The latest chapter in our evolving story is the story of our cloud -- Microsoft Azure -- which helps millions of people around the world get things done every day. We want to make that billions rather than millions, and we want to make that cloud even better organized, even faster, even cheaper, even easier to work with, and even more secure. This is where you come in. Because of our rapid expansion, we need to build an SRE community to create the next generation of infrastructure we require to operate one of the largest clouds in the world, and keep our customers happy. The scale of the challenge is enormous: we'll need people who enjoy analyzing complicated problems, coming up with creative solutions, working in focused teams to build things no-one has thought of before, and those who love doggedly chasing problems down to a single line of code, all in the service of production reliability and the whole-hearted promises of availability we make to our customers every day. You'll do this across the hundreds of services, hundreds of thousands of servers, and billions of events that our monitoring systems generate every day.
* Minimum of 4 years of experience as a Program Manager leading a strategic program.
* Minimum 4 years of coding experience
* Minimum 4 years technical architecture design experience with agile development process skills
* Understand and being knowledgeable in the execution of technical projects.
* Deep understanding of Cloud, Mobile and other computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging trends across Microsoft and non-Microsoft technologies.
* Proven record of building technical and business relationships with senior stakeholders.
* Track record of working closely with development teams and/or technical evangelists; demonstrating deep business program management / business development capabilities, in a leadership role.
* Exceptional decision-making and prioritization skills, conflict resolution, community building, and follow through. Results driven. Strong analytical skills with exceptional verbal and written communication.
* Great communication and presentation skills including public speaking at industry, partner, and community events. Ability to speak with influence and impact. Able to communicate complex technical information clearly to people with or without a technical background.
* Strong business acumen to partner with other key leaders across Microsoft engineering, marketing, and sales teams to deliver on our engineering priorities; Track record of v-team accomplishments (cross boundary collaboration and interpersonal awareness).
* BS, BA, or MS Computer Science Degree / Masters in Computer Science, or equivalent preferred.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Leading end-to-end planning, execution and reporting of team engagements and activities.
* Demonstrating deep technical subject matter expertise to scope projects, design solutions, and resolve issues. Be able to work in software, write software, and use software to achieve goals.
* Analysing data and producing insights, often in collaboration with other teams, to define or advance a vision and to optimize programs lifecycle for regional context.
* Perform project management and cross-functional co-ordination to deliver results.
* Effectively communicating strategy and goals and how they align to the team's work.
* Manage program schedules, identify potential threats to the schedule, and communicate & fix them.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.