Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and Just Walk Out! Shortly after, we charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt.
Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our stores use a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
The Role: We're looking for someone to run our Operational Excellence program. This role requires someone who is deeply technical, understands system architecture, and has a passion for working with engineering teams to help them become more efficient, so they can focus their efforts on building customer delighting features. Ideally you'll have a background that includes coding and/or system architecture, building or supporting robust cloud-based systems, a deep understanding of service-based architectures, as well as the AWS service offerings.
* Work with engineering teams and Amazon Go technical leaders to identify opportunities to increase team efficiency and reliability
* Work with engineering teams to craft SMART goals and build project plans, balancing new feature requirements against efficiency and reliability goals.
* Drive engineering project execution, make technical tradeoffs, and resolve blocking issues
* Drive a weekly operational excellence meeting where the team shares hits/misses, tips and tricks, and tracks where we are with our OE goals.
* Coordinate cross-team efforts spanning dozens of services and tools teams
* Assist with recruiting, hiring process, and growing the team
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.