Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch is all in on creators, including third-party developers who use their unique style of creativity the enhance the Twitch experience for creators and viewers. The Developer Experience team owns Extensions (including relevant parts of the Twitch API), Developer Analytics, Game mods (through CurseForge), and the Twitch Developer Hub. We're looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to drive our development teams to deliver first-class experiences for external developers. You will work closely with product and engineering leaders to define and deliver significant capabilities for third-party developers, in turn enabling them to delight creators with innovative offerings. You will be responsible for driving large programs from conception to launch to adoption.
* Understand the needs of our third-party developers as they build products for creators on Twitch * Work with product and engineering leads to define roadmaps for developer-facing products * Organize cross-functional teams across Developer Experience and Twitch to deliver on product vision and roadmaps * Drive clarity on status, risks, and mitigations for important deliverables
A perfect fit for our team requires you to be:
* Self-motivated and proactive to maintain momentum and progress * A proven collaborator across multiple software product disciplines * Constantly aware of and trading off business and technical concerns * Weighing risks and potential outcomes to pursue appropriate mitigations
* Incept, structure, and run continuous and/or time-bound programs within and beyond the DX organization by clarifying priorities, enabling the execution of deliverables, defining program process flow, and providing continuous transparency. * Own successful delivery of large, high impact, and highly cross-functional product initiatives while simultaneously and accurately tracking a set of smaller projects. * Drive strategic cross-functional planning, leading discovery and prioritization by closely partnering with product managers and engineering leads to develop program plans, including roadmaps, dependencies, and resourcing plans. * Continuously improve product delivery and organization. Establish and drive adoption of program frameworks, tools and best practices. Share your program management knowledge with engineering leadership teams. Lead post-launch analysis to guide future programs. * Communicate clearly and effectively to executive management on the plans, status, and critical issues. Escalate urgent issues appropriately and driving them to closure in a timely manner
* 5+ years of experience as a technical program manager in software/web development organizations * 7+ years experience driving cross-organizational technical initiatives * Strong customer focus, preferably for deliverables targeting third-party software developers * Demonstrated ability and experience with product managers, engineering teams and key stakeholders from different business functions * Demonstrated ability and experience in influencing, developing productive working relationships, and leading teams to successful product delivery * Strong analytical and communication skills, a risk mitigation mindset, and exhibiting appropriate levels of urgency * Strong sense of ownership. Proactively addressing program obstacles, and willingness to go above and beyond to chase down loose ends that lead to successful product delivery * Focus on results and outcomes, not just process. You have experience establishing processes that are appropriate, but don't view process as a cure-all for delivery issues
* Prior experience in game development organizations (AAA to indie) * Prior experience in game stores (PC or mobile)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch is a company that develops a social video platform and community for gamers, video game culture, and the creative arts.