Interested in leading complex, cross-organizational projects that build the very core of the industry leading cloud platform? EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) redefines the fundamental economics of large scale computing, offering companies of all sizes game-changing capabilities. You'll be part of a crack team working in a fast paced, startup-like environment. We drive an innovative process to reduce costs on our core virtual compute products as well as introducing breakthrough products such as our newest supercompute cluster offering: the world's fastest privately funded supercomputer.
The successful candidate must have exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects. The candidate should be customer-focused with a passion for the cloud.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Lead initiatives and work closely with teams across the organization, including hardware, software, and network engineering as well as product management, data center operations, supply chain, procurement, and capacity management.
* Work closely with service owners and partner teams to understand product roadmaps and drive overall new product introduction schedules.
* Collaborate with partner teams to define deliverables, roadmaps, and accompanying documentation for ad-hoc projects and programs.
* Anticipate bottlenecks, manage risk and escalations, and balance the business needs versus technical
* Clearly communicate with technical owners, product managers, and upper management.
* Drive process and tooling improvements to increase visibility, throughput and output quality.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.