Amazon's Prime Video is a premium on-demand video entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch from popular Prime Original TV shows (made by Amazon Studios) such as The Grand Tour, Jack Ryan and the recent Golden Globe winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to Prime Original Movies like the Oscar-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman. The service also offers TV shows that are exclusively available for Prime members in each country such as American Gods, MR ROBOT and Outlander, and more recently live sport including the US Open tennis from 2018 and Premier League games from 2019. Beyond this content exclusivity, the service further differentiates from other video-on-demand services by offering Prime members the opportunity to subscribe to 60+ channels like Discovery, Starz, Eurosport Player and hundreds of thousands of additional titles to watch instantly with no extra apps to download or long term contracts. Prime Video is at the forefront of the entertainment industry and growing fast - now available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide - and we work in a dynamic, and exciting environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on...
As a Sr. TPM for the Prime Video Content Experience Services team, you will own driving the projects and programs that power the core back-end services and tools that power the storefront experience for Prime Video. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, managing ambiguity and navigating competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. You will work with product and technical teams located around the globe - including our key partners within Prime Video, anticipate bottlenecks, anticipate and make trade-offs, prioritize to ensure support for the most critical projects, balance business needs versus technical constraints, and escalate where necessary to get to the right decision. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a timely manner is critical - as well developing the skills, tools, and processes to successfully deliver multiple projects in a high velocity environment.
This role requires working closely with business and engineering leaders within Prime Video and across Amazon to develop technical architectures, simplify product requirements, and deliver projects to customers. You will lead high visibility and high impact programs collaborating with teams across Amazon. You will own regular communication with senior leadership on technology, dependency management, risk mitigation and program health.
The ideal candidate will have thrived and succeeded in delivering broadly adopted technology products or services in a very high growth and emerging environment. You should be a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly, and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence. You should have keen business sense and also a deep understanding of technology. Qualified candidates have experience defining and leading cross functional technical programs, mapping product requirements to engineering functional specifications, and successfully delivering complex programs at high scale.
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
* Prioritization and execution of improvement efforts aligned to the business goals.
* The ability to understand business goals, processes, and recommend new communication approaches and methods to positively impact customer and associate experience.
* Strong project management and analytical skills; ability to lead projects, influence and obtain buy-in, and drive execution, analysis, and achievement of the right results.
* The ability to balance competing priorities and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves".
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to develop partnerships with internal and external teams.
* A highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented approach, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines.
* A proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Maintain ongoing operations for multiple existing programs. Create SOPs and deep dive opportunities to improve, go faster, and reduce errors.
* Survey teams to identify additional processes that can be centralized, automated, externalized, improved or deprecated. Use data to justify changes.
* Collaborate with adjacent teams to build business cases and leverage overlapping needs.
* Identify and own complex initiatives with significant impact to the business.
* In partnership with stakeholders, define and create a strategy, process, and/or mechanisms to achieve the business objectives.
* Driving effective, efficient communication and collaboration for projects that span multiple functions within Prime Video and teams throughout Amazon
* Interacting with and influencing Product Managers, , Technical Program Managers, and Engineering teams to define and deliver complex initiatives
* Anticipating bottlenecks, managing escalations, making tradeoffs, and balance business needs vs. technical constraints
* Taking large, complex projects and breaking them down into manageable pieces
* Developing and disseminating critical project and program information to stakeholders
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.