We're the driverless car company. We believe in improving people's lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We're building the world's most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
We are currently hiring Senior Technical Product Leads across the follow areas. You will be responsible for leading existing Technical PMs within that area and continuing to grow the team, while setting technical product strategies that ensure we build the right things and generate outcomes Cruise needs.
Leveraging our extensive data collection is essential to accelerating our development. You and your team will work on products that ensure we collect, process, store, and make available that data, across both real and simulated environments. You'll also build tools that enable others to extract insights from that data via tooling and shared infrastructures. Experience with AWS and Google Cloud server infrastructure and data processing tools (like Hadoop or Spark) is crucial for this role.
Developing scalable ML infrastructure and high quality training data is essential to accelerating our development. You and your team will work on products that enable us to transform raw data into machine-understandable knowledge, and track the impact and quality of ML models on our performance. You'll also build ML infrastructure that allow developers to focus on models vs the underlying implementation details. Experience with current machine learning frameworks and tooling (like TensorFlow or SageMaker) is crucial for this role.
Building strong "behind the scenes" technology is essential for launching our autonomous rideshare service. You and your team will work on backend systems and internal products that enable the best possible customer experience. You'll also work closely with our AV Integrity org to ensure these systems enable our autonomous vehicle to function as intended. Experience with modern programming languages and products that support both developer and operational workforces is crucial for this role.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
* Work across a variety of technical products to set visions, ensure consistent strategies within your org and across partner orgs, and deliver value-add outcomes
* Drive product strategy and phasing, including clear success definitions and stakeholder alignment
* Work across a variety of technical disciplines related to our data - including machine learning infrastructure, microservice-based architectures, relational databases, big data extraction and transformation, compute frameworks, data visualization, and analytics
* Create and maintain product specifications - including product requirements, acceptance criteria, and a process for ongoing and rapid iteration - while tying projects to company-wide goals to drive KPIs
* Set architectures that are scalable, cost effective, fault tolerant, and easily extensible; strategically segment work between teams across architectural boundaries, and finalize contracts, SLAs, and operating agreements
* Help grow a team of Technical Product Managers, and lead a subset of the team as it grows (if desired)
* 8+ years of experience with data infrastructure at scale, such as machine learning frameworks or big data pipelines
* 4+ years product management experience
* 2+ years managing other engineers or product managers
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar
* Strong communication and collaboration skills, with a proven ability to work across functions and influence senior leaders
* Demonstrated success setting product vision and strategy, and executing on projects from ideation to shipping
* Master's or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar
* MBA or similar
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
* The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
* Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
* Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
* Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family's fleet
* Health and Wellness reimbursement
* Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
* State of the art equipment for your workstation
* Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About Cruise Automation
Cruise Automation is a self-driving car company that develops an autopilot system for existing cars.