We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people's lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We're building the world's most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
We're searching for experienced Technical Product Managers to accelerate the development of our autonomous vehicle (AV) software. Our team's goal is to enable AV software engineers to build a driverless car as effectively and efficiently as possible.
We're currently hiring Technical Product Managers to work with engineers developing all major parts of the autonomous vehicle software stack:
Localization is the system responsible for determining the vehicle's pose relative to our map and the real world.
Perception takes raw sensor input and uses it to determine what is happening around the car. They deal with a variety of sensors including LiDARs, radars, and cameras. The Perception team goes all the way from raw sensor detection, to sensor fusion, to tracking and prediction of all the different objects around the car.
Planning & Controls
Planning handles decision-making in all urban road situations, including collision avoidance, intelligent routing, unprotected turns, four-way-stops, lane changes, and more. The team's job is to produce robust, general solutions that capture all the nuances of driving safely on the road. Engineers on this team develop algorithms and systems for handling complex maneuvers and road scenarios and write code that is clean, clear, fast, and reliable.
Your responsibilities will be:
* Build strong partnerships with AV engineers to drive all aspects of the technical roadmap: definition, prioritization & maintenance, and execution & delivery
* Gather and translate requirements into implementation details and success criteria
* Work with supporting teams to identify and develop capabilities that would accelerate AV software development
* Maintain the roadmap, ensuring priorities are aligned with program goals and engineering time is allocated as effectively as possible
* Collaborate cross-functionally to organize stakeholders, manage dependencies, communicate status, and execute as efficiently as possible
You should have:
* An undergraduate or graduate degree in science, engineering, or math
* At least 5 years experience across technology, growth companies, technical program management or product management including execution
* Demonstrated technical aptitude (meaning you've either written code, queried databases, built complex systems, or something similar)
* Exemplary communication skills: verbal and written, with engineers, non-technical stakeholders, and executives
* Comfort with ambiguity: apply structured, analytical thinking to new, undefined problems
* Scientific mindset: develop hypotheses based on data; adapt to changing facts
* Initiative and curiosity: keen interest in improving the status quo; going above and beyond to enable our teams and mission
* Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, complex electromechanical systems, safety critical systems
* Experience with large real-time and/or high-availability systems
* Experience writing C++ / Python / ROS
* Be supported by an experienced, empowered and trusted Program Management team
* Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
* Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
* Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
* State of the art equipment for your work station
* Lunch, snacks, and dinner
* Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cruise Automation is a self-driving car company that develops an autopilot system for existing cars.