Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our consumer-facing Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Engineering, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product team ensures that we're building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
We're tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems - like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of >10M items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And we're a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
The Login & Authentication team's vision is to enable fast and secure authentication & authorization for all Wayfair customers, suppliers, partners, and employees. The team has generated some of the biggest conversion rate wins in the company in the past 12 months, and there's a huge appetite for more. The problems space is exciting and ever-changing. The ideal experience for a user is not to log in at all, but the challenge is to make this secure enough to keep their data safe. As mobile becomes the vast majority of interactions, the need to balance convenience & safety become more critical than ever. And the technology continually evolves, creating ripe opportunities for innovation (e.g., biometrics on laptops, Sign In with Apple, algorithmic fraud prevention).
As the Senior Technical Product Manager, you'll build and scale the next-gen platform that enables this vision and powers tens of millions of logins annually worldwide. You'll distill the needs of a complex set of client & partner systems that rely on the platform into an elegant, scalable, extensible, and performant platform product vision, and partner with your architect & senior engineer to translate this into a technical design. Then, you'll lead a fully-dedicated team of engineers to make the vision a reality. You'll continue to scale and extend the platform to keep Wayfair on the cutting edge of authentication capabilities and deliver better and better experiences for our users.
What You'll Do:
* Be the single accountable owner for the authentication and authorization platform. You'll drive the strategy, lead the team, and own the results.
* Develop a platform product vision based on a deep understanding of the data, your client teams' objectives and roadmaps, your users, and what's technically possible.
* Define crisp platform requirements, including targets for availability, scalability, and performance that balance robustness with time-to-market and needed capabilities.
* Partner closely with architects and senior engineers to translate the vision into the right architecture
* Define a roadmap to achieve the vision that delivers incremental business value each quarter, and work closely with your cross-functional team to deliver the vision
* Evangelize your vision and roadmap and work closely with your clients and stakeholders to ensure adoption of the platform across Wayfair.
* Build a trusting, collaborative, and fun team culture that focuses on delivering value for our internal and external clients and customers.
What You'll Need:
* 3+ years' experience successfully leading high-impact engineering teams or in a product management role with a heavy technical leadership component.
* Strong prioritization skills and adept at navigating tradeoffs between technical design & time-to-market.
* Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional and highly technical teams to great outcomes, with appropriate communication & a high level of client satisfaction. Bonus points if you've worked with external clients.
* Organized and can talk about systems you use to prioritize work and keep things moving forward.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate clear, actionable requirements to engineers and to abstract complex technology into a simple, intuitive concept.
* Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity and change.
Wayfair is an online retailer of home products for bedrooms, living rooms, kitchen and dining, home entertainment, bathrooms and more.