SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today, SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SENIOR TECHNICAL PRODUCT MANAGER - APPLICATIONS
We are seeking a hands on Product Manager to build software used to design, develop, test, and launch rockets, spacecraft, and satellites. Our Product Managers are involved in every facet of SpaceX by developing software solutions for things like tracking complex movement of parts, manufacturing integration assemblies, and even tracking telemetry of launch vehicles during a mission.
As a Product Manager, you will engage with business stakeholders and SpaceX engineers to discover the needs of the mission and write highly reliable software which turns the mission into reality.
You are the Product Manager that the business can count on; you code, you are technical, you attack every problem with enthusiasm; you remove hurdles. Not only do you enjoy tackling functional problems, you also enjoy diving into the code and implementing some requirements yourself. You are a self-starter, team player, have the hunger to venture quickly into unknown areas in code and roadmap.
* Provide industry expertise in one of the following areas: Supply Chain, Warehouse Management, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality/Reliability, Product Lifecycle Management, or high transaction systems such as eCommerce, Finance, and Business Operations Software
* Analyze and break down problems and create potential solutions in order to evaluate outcome for the entire organization
* Down-select and prioritize complex multi-layer cross-functional solutions to ensure the problem statements with the most impactful outcomes are selected for execution
* Work with business stakeholders across SpaceX to obtain commitments on business process changes and organization readiness required to fully adopt the delivered solutions
* Formulate product strategy, vision, and roadmaps to ensure we are on the quickest and best path for success
* Build highly reliable software solutions for every part of SpaceX
* Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous improvement
* Work in the squads with engineers and designers to create most impactful and high quality solutions while eliminating unnecessary complexity and reducing operational burden
* Analyze the outcome, usage, and adoption of delivered solutions to evaluate if the actual impact to the organization is in line with the planned expectations
* 5+ years of combined work experience as a developer, business systems analyst or product manager, with at least 2 of those years in Supply Chain, Warehouse Management, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality/Reliability, Product Lifecycle Management, or high transaction systems such as eCommerce, Finance, and Business Operations Software
* Hands on experience with SQL
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, math, or scientific discipline
* 10+ years of product management experience
* 5+ years of experience in web applications development
* 3+ years of experience as an architect - proven ability to design and implement robust and scalable systems with flexible and scalable UI that meets future needs
* ERP and related systems development or implementation including Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Warehouse Management System (WMS), Quality Management and Execution Systems (QMS & QES), Supply Chain and/or Financial Systems
* Expertise in C#., NET, SQL, HTML, CSS, AngularJS, TypeScript
* Expertise in Python, PostgreSQL, Linux
* Deep understanding of object oriented programming and design principles
* Deep understanding of testing, continuous integration, build, deployment & continuous monitoring
* Experience scaling web applications and optimizing applications for performance
* Solid understanding of UI/UX design to provide intuitive applications
* Great creative and innovative problem-solving skills
* Initiative and the ability to work independently and collaborate within a team
* To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR HERE.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
SpaceX is an aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company.