Help mold the future of voice user experiences and ambient computing. The Alexa team is looking for a technical evangelist with the right blend of design skills, tech skills, passion, enthusiasm, customer advocacy, curiosity and creativity. Alexa is the brain behind Echo. Echo is designed around your voice. It's hands-free and always ready. Echo connects to Alexa, a cloud-based voice service, to provide information, answer questions, play music, read the news, check sports scores or the weather, and more-instantly. All you have to do is ask.
We are looking for a leader to educate and inspire Alexa designers and developers worldwide on the opportunity around voice user experience. This community is made up of professional developers and designers, students, and hobbyists. Voice User Interface (VUI) design is relatively new and beyond inspiration, the community needs best practices and support in creating voice-first experiences. Like the mouse or touch interfaces before, we're at the start of a shift in how people interact with their computing and this is an opportunity to be on the forefront.
The right candidate will have an ear for design and passion and/or expertise for explaining how to create natural user experiences. Evangelists represent Amazon by speaking at the most prominent industry events and also in smaller meetings with decision makers and builders. So the ideal leader will possess excellent communication skills that will allow them to engage hundreds of people at once or drive in-depth discussions with senior technical and design leaders. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical / design challenges so that they can provide input back to our product teams and help shape the feature roadmap.
* Build and nurture a robust designer community, collect valuable feedback, and champion their needs internally.
* Serve as a thought leader externally and internally, discovering and providing guidance on best practices, industry trends, and future potential.
* Build connections with influencers in the industry, and represent Amazon with partners, customers and industry associations.
* Create detailed resources that can be used by other Alexa skill builders.
* Engage with skill builders by speaking at and attending conferences, speaking at meet-ups, and on-line videos.
* Serve as the public face of Alexa on social media, including Twitter, YouTube, and the blog.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.