Arkane Studios is looking for a Senior Technical Engineer (aka, Tech Generalist) to join our team in developing our next title! This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a small and focused team of developers with a proven track record of making awesome games. Our style of immersive simulation and emergent gameplay creates many challenges. As a Sr. Technical Engineer, you will use your technical abilities to provide best practices and support a team of programmers while also being a productive part of the development effort.
* Report to the Lead Technical Engineer and work closely with other team leads to plan and schedule tools and technology features
* Must be extremely well versed with great low-level skills and be able to apply those skills directly
* Ability to contribute as an active member of the engineering team
* Programming responsibilities include the design, implementation, and maintenance of development tools, audio, animation, graphics and hardware systems
* Assist in maintaining a comprehensive build system
* Monitor performance and memory usage as well as plan and execute performance and memory optimizations
* At least 5 years of game industry experience
* Expert C++ coding and systems design experience
* Cross-platform experience (PC, Xbox One, PS4)
* At least one, two preferred, shipped multi-platform games
* Fundamental understanding of all aspects of game engine development: 3D, sound, physics, AI, networking, multi- threading, UI and tools, with a passion for learning
* Excellent delegation skills and ability to empower others on the team
* Excellent organization and time management skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
* Deep understanding of one or more game engine subsystems: animation, audio, physics, etc.
* Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4
* Experience with highly concurrent, real-time systems is a plus
About Zenimax Media
ZeniMax is a media company connecting game developers, artists, designers, programmers, and talents to create entertainment content.